Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to posting on here but I have been reading this forum for a while and have found it very helpul. I bought a used 03 f5 at the end of last season. It was completely stock. I was working on it today and I noticed a crack in one of the slide rails. Its near the rear, right behind the inside bogie wheels. It starts in a unused bolt hole and extends up to the top of the rail. Is this something that can be welded or do I have to replace the rail? I tried a search for this info but the search engine is shut down right now. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I doubt they will warranty an 03, My 03 F7 rails cracked out of warranty, I was told not covered, I called arctic cat and was told they never heard of such a thing! :banghead: Although they unpdated the rails for 04, I finally got my (OLD DEALER!) To cover half the cost only after I threatened to cancel my $12,000 purchase on a new F7 for my wife and 3 place trailer! Cat knows it's a problem but it was never a recall! :wtf:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talked to the local dealer today, he acted like I was crazy. He said he never heard of cat covering a cracked rail. He did offer to check into it and try to find the update kit to re-enforce the rails. If I have to get new rails do I get an updated 03 rail or do 04 rails fit? anybody have a suggestion?

thanks

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Cats not gonna cover them, yes there are updated rails you can BUY! I cracked one late last year and just welded it for the time being, if you have the cheese just buy new ones little better piece of mind!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts