Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed both my 04 f6 and my wifes o4 sabercat filler necks are cracked and leaking gas ,does anyone know how much this will cost will to fix ????? if it is to much they will both be for sale i've been a loyal cat man but this might end it :white_flag:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Plastic welded for $15-20/ea. Never have the problem again

·
Registered
199 Posts
this was a recall i brought mine to the dealer and in about an hour the had it fixed u should also looking there were a few other recall with the gas tank and with the steering arm.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Before mine broke I took some JB WELD kneeded it to make it like a 3/8' string. Wrapped it around base of filler neck (after I sandpaper scuffed it) made sure filler cap was unobstucted when screwed down. Once cured I painted black. Since that time I had the recall done with the inner sleeve. I believe when you beef them up with the JB WELD on the outside it makes a larger "flange" area where it meets the tank. You cannot see it when you paint the JB WELD black.

For those of you bored with 15 minutes of time & want preventative maintenance - Buy the tube of JB WELD that becomes activated when rolled (like puddy). Do the above (about a 3/8" string, sandpaper application area/clean residue, apply JB WELD press it on to look like a flange beef in the center, check cap before it cures (so it doesnt bottom on it), paint black after cured. May not be a bad thing to do with all these "re-breaks" of the replacement tanks.... I know this above post seems to be a user unaware of original recall so it will be his first replacement.... I am referring to other posts that seems to have "re-issues" with breaks...

Chris

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Hate, is that all you have done to yours?.[/b]
Yea, it cracked but before it went all the way thru and broke off I had it plastic welded. No issues what so ever and it has not recracked. Heard that even some of the warranty replacement tanks cracked again. I think it is stress in the plastic from the molding process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a bead of SEAL ALL on the neck and so far leak gone. I had the recall done when the sled was new and it only had 300 miles when the neck cracked. You can buy this product at Home Depot for less than 4 buck. Make sure you sand and clean with thinner before you put the glue on.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
mine cracked too, and i had the recall band-aid on it too. hopefully cat stands by and still fixes it since the recall obviously didn't work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts