Hardcore Sledder banner

What is your work situation?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
You dont need a trailer to ride you need to lighten up we need more riders not less so if they can get any sled and reg it and ins get a helmet and lets go ride. U dont need a 50,000 pickup and a 5,000 trailer or a 14,000 sled. Lets get back basics so we can get more riders.
Agreed, I started out with an open trailer pulled by a minivan.

My point is, I see a lot of (newer) sleds being towed without so much as a cover, covered in road salt and slush, and the police reports are showing plenty of riders getting tickets for no registration, no insurance, and no trail pass (where applicable).

Either people are incredibly stupid or so broke that they can't afford a $99 cover or registration or insurance.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

My point is, I see a lot of (newer) sleds being towed without so much as a cover, covered in road salt and slush, and the police reports are showing plenty of riders getting tickets for no registration, no insurance, and no trail pass (where applicable).

Either people are incredibly stupid or so broke that they can't afford a $99 cover or registration or insurance.
They spent the $99 on a loud exhaust priority's

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Purchasing Manager for a Electronic firm that provides to the forestry manufacturers. I am buying stuff from home and going for walks and bike rides. Haven't seen the girlfriend in a week and a half. We had the first case in our county at our little shop. Guy went to Colorado snowmobiling and then to Vegas to the con expo. Home one day and bam. We have been walking on glass at the shop since. When they asked if I wanted to work from home.....hell yes. I have 3 strikes against me. Diabetes, HBP, and asthma.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Both just a money grab.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Purchasing Manager for a Electronic firm that provides to the forestry manufacturers. I am buying stuff from home and going for walks and bike rides. Haven't seen the girlfriend in a week and a half. We had the first case in our county at our little shop. Guy went to Colorado snowmobiling and then to Vegas to the con expo. Home one day and bam. We have been walking on glass at the shop since. When they asked if I wanted to work from home.....hell yes. I have 3 strikes against me. Diabetes, HBP, and asthma.
Good luck stay safe.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

I don't cover mine and i have no salt guard I just wash them when I get home but thats just me

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
If you're worried, get tested. Then you will know. They will test you if you were around someone that was infected. Even if you are not showing symptoms.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Either people are incredibly stupid or so broke that they can't afford ..... registration or insurance.
Both just a money grab.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Except in my State the majority of the registration fees is routed to the clubs to pay for trail creation, maintenance, groomers, etc. and no one needs or wants those things right? It's not like those unregistered sledders are free loading and riding on the trails that everyone else paid for and maintain.

And who needs insurance??? So what if I am on the wrong side of the trail and smash into someone's hard-earned brand new sled and total it. Serves them right for being out on the trail when others are out there.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My best friend works for a large, industrial HVAC contractor mostly spending his week running between 4-5 factories doing repairs and preventative maintenance. 4 of the factories are food processing facilities, none of which planned to shutdown.

Well last Friday, he got laid off due to a corporate knee jerk decision. He pointed out to his employer, that stuff breaks every day in their customer's large factories and customers are going to be upset that their on-site support is not readily available. It fell on deaf corporate ears.

Well, they called him this morning, begging him to come back to work on Monday because, as he predicted, stuff broke every day in their customer's large factories and customers are now pissed that their on-site support was not there to keep them up and running.

He will now work 3-4 weeks of paid overtime to get caught up after sitting home for a week.

Corporate idiots!!!
That's like a Dilbert comic. Does his boss have pointy ears? lol

Reactions: Trail Ryder

·
Registered
555 Posts
Either people are incredibly stupid or so broke that they can't afford ..... registration or insurance.
Both just a money grab.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Except in my State the majority of the registration fees is routed to the clubs to pay for trail creation, maintenance, groomers, etc. and no one needs or wants those things right? It's not like those unregistered sledders are free loading and riding on the trails that everyone else paid for and maintain.

And who needs insurance??? So what if I am on the wrong side of the trail and smash into someone's hard-earned brand new sled and total it. Serves them right for being out on the trail when others are out there.
I would be behind the principal of regi if it all went to trail maintenance.

Insurance doesn't give you anything. You are paying for it before and after. I know here even if it is not your rates will go up.

Sadly,you have to pay to play...still a money grab.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I feel your pain. Bro. I sometimes have Asthma, allergies , messed up sugar , scar tissue and nodual on left lung from shit before. I’ve never done well with respiratory shit. Fever , headache , chills , shits , no problem . Pneumonia etc. big problems for me. Lung shit is my weak link anything else I’m bullet proof. So of course this may hit me right in the Achilles heal.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
If you're worried, get tested. Then you will know. They will test you if you were around someone that was infected. Even if you are not showing symptoms.

I am sure I am safe from him. The last interaction I had with him was before the conexpo and that was 17 days ago. The Doctor told him last Wed. he could go back to work....Hell no the boss said. You stay home until this mess is over.

·
Registered
20,155 Posts
Business as usual for me. I have the permission slip that says I can travel
Don't you live in MN? You don't need one then...yet.
I do but I travel 3 states. Last week in small Wisconsin no one in small towns give a shit about it when it started. The only thing they are not doing is sitting in the restaurants drinking coffee and having lunch. The larger cities are like ghost towns. Now that we are 14 hours into Minnesota’s i am going nuts.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I work in Northern Canada on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation. We are switching to a 4 week on 4 week off rotation to limit the amount of times crews are coming in and out of our Work camp/site.
I always fly Commercial and pay my own flights, but our company is now doing charter flights to avoid major airports.

They have also implemented many other safety measures on site for our health and well being.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
10% pay cut for the next 60+ days here. :dry:

But thankful I have a job.

Reactions: MuscleD

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Reduced hours here. Owner applied for the small buisness loan and got approved. Our wages are paid full time... However full time in MN is technically 32 hours. And anything left over gets to be used for anything else... So our hours he doesnt have to pay goes who knows where... (I got an idea where lol). Tired of these old snowmobile shop owners pouncing at any opportunity to not pay us! That's why I'm getting out of working in the snowmobile industry.

Glad I still get to work though! Because I would get no unemployment.. Because the last snowmobile shop I worked at put me and others on unemployment... And still wanted me to work full time! So my unemployment was dry. Things always work out though.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts