Hardcore Sledder banner

What is your work situation?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
GM employee working from home. Thankfully still getting paid. Feel sorry for so many out of work and not getting paid. Hopefully the stimulus package gets passed soon and they get some help.

·
Registered
2015 Pro S 800 and 2017 800 Assault
1,549 Posts
Other, restructured out a couple of years ago and have decided to not go back. Let some young buck have my job. Oh, that won't happen, Japanese company that folded some businesses in North America.

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,589 Posts
WI got the sit your ass at home order finalized today, so yippee f'n skippy I'm supposedly off work for a month (luckily getting paid thru 4/3 & possibly longer). This may change somewhat because I may be deemed essential in a couple weeks when the road limits come off.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Municipal mechanic here....the only one for the highway Dept, fire Dept and police Dept. It's business as usual for me. I guess I'm an essential employee even though the boss would be happy if went home.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Business as usual, essential supply chain business, only have about 4 people working in our office, the balance are working from home.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Administrator
24,528 Posts
I’m off for sure until the 6th but on call if something bad happens and they need me. (Automotive development technician). I don’t expect a call. I was never officially told that I was going to get paid until then but I am salary so?? The Michigan work ban doesn’t 100% pertain to me as there are a few techs working this week to provide testing support. After that, I’m hoping that if they are going to keep us home that this damn bill gets passed. I was reading that it has mandatory 10 days of sick pay in it. That would be nice to go forward past April 6th if I can’t go back to work after that. I can’t complain too much because I do have all of my vacation time sitting there. Lord knows that I probably won’t get to use it for actual vacation now anyway.

Wife is contracted to FCA but her BU has been letting her work from home since 3/16. Hope that keeps up but her work is slowing down so much now with the stay at home order that she probably will be off after the end of this week without pay. She doesn’t get any paid sick days and only has a week of PTO.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Construction worker, off for at least 3 weeks with no pay. Unless the gov. says we can go back sooner. Sucks

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
914 Posts
Superintendent for a construction company. Deemed essential by the governor of NYS busy as ever.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts