Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I agree some will be kicking their butt for buying some of these tit’s. There will be deals on some things if someone wants what’s up for grabs. I don’t know about stuff being repo’d most of the ones I’ve run across are finically comfortable their just getting into something different Staying near home and not doing the cruise or exotic island trip this winter.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sounds familiar, no 401K contributions, PTO accrual rate halved, 25% pay cut, work the same hours as before.
Like you, I have had my earned annual raise put on hold, my 401K company match suspended, a 10% pay cut for salaried employees, but am still working over 40 hours per week. But I am thankful that I have had a job through all of this and have not been kicked to the curb. I guess my employer did something similar in 2008, and in 2009 or 2010, when things somewhat recovered, all salaried employees received substantial bonuses to help make up for it.

However, I have friends at other US companies that were put on 32 hour work weeks (every Friday off) and collecting one-fifth of their State's unemployment insurance PLUS the FULL $600 in tax-free Federal weekly unemployment. They have never made more money in their life. I know jealously is a sin, but I am jealous (over the time off and more $$$).

41 - 42 of 42 Posts