Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 ZL550ESR and was wondering if the Boivin coupling kit works on my 2002 because they only list up to 2001.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Bill NY@Dec 29 2002, 10:43 AM
I have a 2002 ZL550ESR and was wondering if the Boivin coupling kit works on my 2002 because they only list up to 2001.
It should. Cat sells a kit as well...Marc

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i was told that the coupling kits are not needed on the 02 cat zl.s because of the gas bag shocks (rydefx )have such long travel they realy rail ?? without it but the ss models have the coupling kits on them because they use the same type shocks as the zr,s

·
Registered
539 Posts
are'nt all 2002 and up model years already coupled,that would explain whey they dont offer kit for 02,arctic cat offers rear arm kit for around 125.00 dollars which weight transfers better than after market kits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:angry: This was my first Arctic Cat and only the ZR's have it for 2002 has awfull ski lift.Why didn't Cat do this to begin with a cheap modification.

·
Registered
40 Posts
YOU WANT A CHEAP MOD FOR COUPLING ..

how about under $20.oo bucks and about 1/2 hr of your time!!!

email me at [email protected] and Ill tell ya how its so easy your going to laugh.

ive been using this idea on my 98zr since i got it still have it and it works great and has never broken once !!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
there are two ways you can add coupling blocks to the sled.one way youcould do it for a few dollars is to go to a polaris ,yes polaris shop and buy there blocks and metal inserts. drill the hole in the rear rail behind the arm and install them. the other for about 20.00 would buy two limter straps,straps the bottom of the rear arm just the inside of the bolt. then hook the other end to the aluminum shaft behind the rear set of wheels. that my two cents.
sno_pro_500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts