Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am lake racing where should I put the coupling blocks. The sled transfers pretty good right now. Will it help or hurt me on take off if I get to much ski lift.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Take them out for lake racing,if you've got a sno-pro,leave them out for good

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give it a shot tommorrow . My buddies coming up with his xc 800 tommorow. Maybe it will give me enough hoook to get the jump I need.

·
Registered
831 Posts
just got back from radar run. 102mph in 1000'. 204 studs, coupling blocks on 3, limiter strap tightened up +- 1".for me I'd leave the blocks in, keep the ski's on the ground which means all your track is there also. plenty of power, you need traction!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if traction is going to be an issue. The lake we are running on is super hardpacked,and really fast. I think I will try both ways tommorow and see what happens

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Hookedup@Jan 25 2003, 07:49 PM
I think I will try both ways tommorow and see what happens
Yeah... please try it both ways if you can -- couplers in (on 1, 2, or 3???) and couplers out. Couplers out will surely transfer better, but is it quicker... THAT is the question! Hope you get to try it. Keep us posted. Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Busted, do you really think that you can beat a XC8 by 400 ft in 1000ft? You better re-calculate. :lol:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took couplings out. Didn't work to good. The sled would transfer tomuch and would lift so much it would then loose traction and many times it would get out of control.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hookedup, did you try your coupler in/out test against your bud's XC800? How'd you do against him??? Where did you end up setting your couplers -- 1, 2, or 3? Any additional info/feeback is appreciated. Thanks! -- Roy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts