Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried taking the coupler blocks out of a ZR900..im thinking about taking mine out but im worried about my studs hitting the tunnel.anyone try this yet???any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Snowpro..I don't know if it would be worth it to take them out just for drag racing.Does it really give you a better holeshot?Mine is flying out of the hole as it is but if there's more of an advantage to be had I'd try it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It takes about 45 seconds to remove them with an allen key. If you don't like it, put em back. I took mine out 1/2 way thru a 1600 mile trip the last week of Jan, and they haven't been back in since. It is a personal preference thing however. I myself like the fact I can loft the skis at will :D , and did not notice a large difference in ride quality. Oh, and you will get way more transfer and hook better out of the hole, and better hook when rolling on from any speed for that matter. Austin

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 210pounds...is there a chance that the studs will hit my tunnel with the blocks out?

·
Registered
132 Posts
No, Cats tunnel you can completely bottom the suspension and have no worries about studs. The least clearance on a cat is at the front heat exchanger. If your not scratchin there, you're not gonna touch the tunnel. Your clearance at the top of the track really doesn't change, as it is mostly the bottom portion of the suspension that is moving. Austin

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys i'm gonna take them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts