Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked this a while back and didnt get much input, i am just wondering the reason for taking the coupler blocks out? in my mind it is just so the suspention will go further and bring the skis up more! my ? is i weigh 160 lbs, is it going to make a real difference, i have my cam deal set on the lightest setting and i dont think that i have ever bottomed out, so if i take the blocks out is my suspention going to even go that far. it is not a hard job at all but just wondering if i should do it before i go out west in the deep powder riding... thanks hope i get lots of feedback

·
Registered
187 Posts
i asked this a while back and didnt get much input, i am just wondering the reason for taking the coupler blocks out? in my mind it is just so the suspention will go further and bring the skis up more! my ? is i weigh 160 lbs, is it going to make a real difference, i have my cam deal set on the lightest setting and i dont think that i have ever bottomed out, so if i take the blocks out is my suspention going to even go that far. it is not a hard job at all but just wondering if i should do it before i go out west in the deep powder riding... thanks hope i get lots of feedback[/b]
xfire,

if you are going out west to ride powder, I'd take the coupler blocks out. If you're going to do mostly off trail riding, the need for the blocks to stop the compression of the rear skid, and transfer weight forward to the skis is not needed. If you are going to do trail riding and need the sled to corner well, I'd leave them in.

Make sure your sled is clutched correctly for the elevation too!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I took mine out this weekend I am also 160lbs. It will not stand straight up on end but it is definately better in the powder gets the skis up above the snow. On the trail you can't corner at tll with them out though. Deffinatley take them out for the west.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts