Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was greasing sled,deciding if I should shorten my limiter strap, or try doing something with a different coupler block, when I noticed that 2 on the block is thicker than 3! Measured it and sure enough, it is. Someone must have trouble with numbers. 1 3 2 5 4........

·
Registered
152 Posts
Was adjusting mine today and thought the same thing. With them set on 1 had pretty good ski lift, thought I'd try 2, but 2 looks thicker than 3. (had a couple of beers thought it was me) Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try 2 that should be 3 and see how it is. I'm 210 and like some lift, but 1 was to much.
I'm going back to beer now!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
What is the size of the allen wrench needed to adjust the block? My sled is up north in a trailer and I don't have that big of a wrench and need to buy it. TIA.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have mine set on 3. I noticed the same thing with the thickness of #2. Has anyone noticed a difference between the two?

Peter

·
Registered
879 Posts
Measure from the outside of the plastic coupling block to the center of the bolt that holds it on. The distance from 3 to center of bolt is thicker than the distance from 2 to center of bolt. Only the plastic appears thicker on 2 vs 3. Just my observation.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by fiver@Dec 14 2002, 09:27 PM
Measure from the outside of the plastic coupling block to the center of the bolt that holds it on. The distance from 3 to center of bolt is thicker than the distance from 2 to center of bolt. Only the plastic appears thicker on 2 vs 3. Just my observation.
Without looking at my sled right now, I'd have to say that fiver probably made a very good observation. Good... that's hopefully one less thing we have to worry about anyway! -- Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, guys.. I just cropped a close-up of the coupling block and measured it in the photo. #3 is higher than #2 as measured from the CENTER of the bolt to the OUTSIDE. What is fooling you guys is the flat spot on the center hub makes #2 look bigger. Take a look and you will see what I mean

·
Registered
72 Posts
Checked mine tonight, 3 is bigger than two so it is OK. Anyone heard of any aftermarket couplers that would give less transfer than the 3 stock setting. It would be interesting to try and wouldn't be that expensive.

Talk to ya

Bryan

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Dec 14 2002, 10:17 PM
one more view with arrows. I think this is clearer
It's the half circle of the hub that gives the illusion that #3 is thinner than #2.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I take the plastic off the blocks and just use the bolt and the aluminum insert..........It gives a bit more ski lift in the deep and still keeps the ski's planted in the corners.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Need help. How do you adjust the limiter strap on an F7? It was so easy on a ZR600. Need to put more weight on the skis. I will probably check where my coupler blocks are set too. Rear springs are set at 2nd (right) and 3rd(left) setting.

Seymour F7

1 - 17 of 17 Posts