Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel gauge is leaking, how can I fix this? I see on Brown's that it is a press fit, so once it is taken out I need a new one?? Or can it go back in with just a new gasket?

Next one is;
My sled rode rough through the stutter bumps, so much so I couldn't see 'cause my eyes were being shaken so hard. It is a Sno Pro, and I thought this was the sled to have for the rough trail trash we so often get here in MICHIGAN. My old '98 ZR 600 LE (w/clickers), the faster you go....the smoother it got. I am a 212# 37 sandwich eating jelly ass and I have my sled on the #3 position on the triangle block, the couplers set to 3 and the front spring loose plus one turn, and the ski shocks loose plus two full turns. And I put that 5/8 sway bar in for that ride and it is out as we speak and will soon be up for sale in the MI classifieds.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
A new gasket should fix the leak.

Sno Pro on sutters is rough. My 04 was bad until I had the front track shock revalved and went with a dual rate spring setup on it.

5/8 bar VERY bad on stutter junk!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does it come out? I don't want to "F" it up.

I agree the 5/8 bar was a bad idea. I think I am going to try no sway bar and stiffen the springs up a bit. Anyone use HYGEAR Suspension for rebuild? talked with the guy down at the Novi Show seemed to know thier stuff.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked out thier Website......I like what I see. Have you had them do your suspension? What was the cost for a FIRECAT S/P? The Stage 2 seems like what I need.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I had Fett Bros do mine. Best suspension work I've ever had done and I have tried several. I think it was about $350. All new springs,revalve and coupling blocks.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
have not had mine done yet, but my riding partner with a 03 F7 standard just got the Ride Tech 1 done.
I think it was $380 with shipping to Alaska.
He loves it.
i took it for a quick ride and noticed that it corners way flat even with throttle in corners, and the skis now bite, rather than push.

also it LIKES to be ridden hard. the harder you push it, the smoother it gets.

very nice work. they will be getting my shocks over the summer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You should like the way it handles the stutter bumps without the sway bar. I broke the link bracket off my left a-arm and had to remove the sway bar. One word of caution, your sled will roll very badly in the corners. You will need to reaaallly lean into the turns or it will feel like it is going to rolll over. I know this from experience trust me. I tried the tightening of the springs and it helped a little but not much. By the way mine is an 04 std and I am about 250#.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts