Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pick up a 2020 8000 Limited iACT. Since I haven't ridden or actually even seen the sled, I was hoping maybe someone might have answers to a couple really simple questions.

Does the 2020 iACT system allow for separate adjustment of front and rear? I've seen some brief mention of it in a couple online/mag articles, but I've not found anything from Cat themselves mentioning this. If they did make that change from 2019 to 2020 iACT then AC has done a pretty awful PR job getting the info out there.

What Cat color is the green trim? I'd like to maybe order some green AC accessories - possibly a bumper, or handguards, or a windshield. All the material from cat says the green on the 2020 Limited is the "medium" green they've used the past few years, but in every real life picture I've seen it sure looks identical to the "hyper" green on the Riots.

Lastly, am I making a huge mistake buying the iACT? It sounds really neat, plus all the videos and media reviews on it really talk up the feature, but I'm just terrified of needing a $1000 or $1500 shock replacement 18 months in when this new tech takes a dump. Or it breaking and leaving the shocks on different settings when on a big trip. The idea of say the left front shock at full stiff and right front shock at full soft for hundreds of miles sounds pretty sucky.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,366 Posts
Getting ready to pick up a 2020 8000 Limited iACT. Since I haven't ridden or actually even seen the sled, I was hoping maybe someone might have answers to a couple really simple questions.

Does the 2020 iACT system allow for separate adjustment of front and rear? I've seen some brief mention of it in a couple online/mag articles, but I've not found anything from Cat themselves mentioning this. If they did make that change from 2019 to 2020 iACT then AC has done a pretty awful PR job getting the info out there.

What Cat color is the green trim? I'd like to maybe order some green AC accessories - possibly a bumper, or handguards, or a windshield. All the material from cat says the green on the 2020 Limited is the "medium" green they've used the past few years, but in every real life picture I've seen it sure looks identical to the "hyper" green on the Riots.

Lastly, am I making a huge mistake buying the iACT? It sounds really neat, plus all the videos and media reviews on it really talk up the feature, but I'm just terrified of needing a $1000 or $1500 shock replacement 18 months in when this new tech takes a dump. Or it breaking and leaving the shocks on different settings when on a big trip. The idea of say the left front shock at full stiff and right front shock at full soft for hundreds of miles sounds pretty sucky.

Thanks for any input!

you can program it to have 2 separate "drivers" and are able to set the rear and front independently. You can toggle between them while riding with the button on the left control.

I bought a bumper from @F7RAT in medium green, asked dealer which colour to order so I'm hoping he was right.

I (obviously) don't think it will be a mistake getting as i got it myself.

:bc:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I purchased the 2020 8000 IACT also.

The green is HYPER Green - I also ordered the front bumper from F7 member of HCS.

Have the dealer go over setting up the front shocks different from back. I had my dealer go over it with me the book is a little confusing but it is a nice option to have the flexibility. I believe if one front shock is different then other there will be warning code but that would also be a good question to ask your dealer.

Your question about making a mistake about the IACT shocks I hope they are worth the money this is the second year for the IACT and they are using the IACT for 2021.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I was able to put 47 miles on my 2020ZR 8000 today and what was interesting with the shocks set at soft the sled seemed to push a little in the corners (snow was soft) when i turned the shocks to med the push seemed less and on firm even better, nice option to be able to push a button and change shock setups on the go was different. Takes a little bit to figure out the button options but this was my first trip on new sled.

To answer your question about the IACT suspension I don't think you will regret this option.

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,366 Posts
I purchased the 2020 8000 IACT also.

The green is HYPER Green - I also ordered the front bumper from F7 member of HCS.

Have the dealer go over setting up the front shocks different from back. I had my dealer go over it with me the book is a little confusing but it is a nice option to have the flexibility. I believe if one front shock is different then other there will be warning code but that would also be a good question to ask your dealer.

Your question about making a mistake about the IACT shocks I hope they are worth the money this is the second year for the IACT and they are using the IACT for 2021.

Guess I'm getting a bumper painted, :roflmao:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts