Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a new
2018 ZR 8000 129” in the crate for $11059 OTD. With the one year warranty. That’s Michigan tax, registration, etc…

I couldn’t pass up the deal. While it has the basic shock package and halogen light, I can upgrade all that and still be a few grand under a new order.

bad side is resale being it’s already 3 years old but I’ll just keep it around.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flash that thing with a Precision Tune, watch the clutches and enjoy it! (I thought there was a recall on that primary but I could be wrong)
I believe you’re correct. My brother bought a new 18’ RR and they did a recall on the clutch before he could even pick it up.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it eb 18 with a non updated ecu?
2018 not updated as its in the crate. And I don't plan on updating it unless it has running issues. My brothers 2018 has 5600 trouble free miles. No backfire or flame issues and runs strong.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I know this is a different time being post pandemic and the market is different but I bought a 19 high country limited 8000 in 2019 for 10.8 out the door! It's probably still worth that or close to it after a few seasons, from what I've seen.

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
506 Posts
I'm getting jealous hearing about all these deals! I got my '21 Norseman for $12,500 otd and I thought I was getting a screaming deal. If it weren't for needing a true 2-up (5 yr old daughter) I would've opted for a ZR as it fits my riding style the most. Congrats on your deal!

·
Registered
20,723 Posts
2018 not updated as its in the crate. And I don't plan on updating it unless it has running issues. My brothers 2018 has 5600 trouble free miles. No backfire or flame issues and runs strong.
I wish my 19 was never updated but they did it when it blew up and was in for warranty. The sled didn’t hang and surg the idle all over on the original flash. I also had no flames

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish my 19 was never updated but they did it when it blew up and was in for warranty. The sled didn’t hang and surg the idle all over on the original flash. I also had no flames
Im going to call them tomorrow and make sure they don’t get my ideas before I pick it up next weekend.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked her up yesterday. I have always liked this color scheme since my 2017 RXC. Seems a lot of people didn’t like the grey but I do.

Kinda funny, got it home and unloaded her in the garage. Then hooked up the boat and went to the lake for the day 🤣

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Looks like Nelsons Speed Shop?

Reactions: 12meter joe

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, they did the clutch recall, some wiring harness, AND updated the ecu. Said they cant let any vehicle leave without doing recalls and updates. So, I may be looking into an aftermarket ecu flash.

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
380 Posts
My buddy has the same year, model and colour. The only issue he has had is if running the trails at slow speed, he said the engine bogs a bit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts