Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the going rate is? I have 02 600 xcsp that I have had since new. I tore it apart recently to go through the suspension. I took all four shocks to my local dealer to rebuild, he said I had a bad shaft on one and bad heads on 2 others. $550 was the bill. Seems super high to me.

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
common for the center shock lower eye to wear oblong on those rydefx shocks, then the body must be replaced if its wore too much

you can check parts prices on deycore.com

·
Registered
664 Posts
Shock guru in Minnesota. He is great. Turn your rear rear into a fox zero. If the pitting on the shaft is at the top under the bumper you can go cheep and rebuild it as is no new shaft depending on how bad. I rebuild old school fox shocks like should be on front for 40.00 each including basic rebuild parts. If front track lower is screwed up shock guru has parts to rebuild it a fraction of new. Great guy to deal with.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,381 Posts
Just curious what the going rate is? I have 02 600 xcsp that I have had since new. I tore it apart recently to go through the suspension. I took all four shocks to my local dealer to rebuild, he said I had a bad shaft on one and bad heads on 2 others. $550 was the bill. Seems super high to me.
Doesn't sound high to me. Basic rebuilds are around $100 a shock.
I know some will say they get them done cheaper, but they usually are just oil changes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was talking to a guy locally today about my shocks and he said they should be looked at now based on how old the sled is. His pricing is $80ea whereas another guy further away is quoting starting at $35ea and up depending on the issues. He's 1hr 45mins away but could be worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.