Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal. I have a F7sp love the sled just one tiny problem on hard packed groomed trails it was pushing through the turns on loose trails it goes through turns faster than any sled I've ever owned. It seemed like the track was over powering the front heres my setup.

Front shocks are tight about 3 1/2 inches with 9 in carbides
Front skid shock is almost tight all the way limiter staps in the first hole
Couplers on 1 rear spring on 3
102 1.5 studs with black magic 4 wheel kit
I weigh 210 lbs and have no complaints about bump performance ski lift or anything else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sled is so close to perfect i don't want to lose what i have, could i put the limiter straps in the middle hole and loosen the front skid shock to start i think i just need a little more ski pressure?
Thanks rob and awesome site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sure, try that. I found downside to having the IFS shocks jacked up is more of a 'tippy' feel and more roll in the turns. And Cat advises in the perf manual to keep the ft arm shock as loose as possible for best handling. But try everything, that's how you learn B)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would try loosening the shock first before moving the strap. Loosen the shock up all the way up, then tighten back up about 3 turns. If that doesn't take care of your problem then pull the strap up one hole.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You might want to keep the front springs a little tighter, I'm running mine with 3 inches of thread showing. Isn't near as tipsy in the corners with the front shocks tighter. I'm 205lbs. Also try rear tension springs on med.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Can anybody recomend a good starting point for a 250# rider who wants to carve through the trails?

Since I tightened up my front shocks and my front skid shock I have been experiencing tippiness and inside ski lift in a bad way.

I recently drilled (2) new sets of holes in my front limiter straps to add more ski pressure and added 8" carbides but haven't ridden this set-up yet. I plan on tinkering tomorrow and wonder how much I should tighten my limiter straps, and loosen my shocks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Which way is loosen shocks counter clockwise? I have 9 inches of thread
showing on the frount shocks and it still feels tippy...Haven't made any
adjustments to coupler blocks nor limiter strapes....

Thanks Stephen

·
Registered
831 Posts
I would recommend setting your rear springs to the chart in the owners manual. I did this and it sure helped on the ski lift and cornering!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts