Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a few videos and it really doesn't look that big to me. I have climbed the hill outside of South Range and I am curious how this hill compares. I am not saying it isn't big but I have never seen in person and the videos might not do it justice. Is the hill climb just for short tracks?

G

·
I watched a few videos and it really doesn't look that big to me. I have climbed the hill outside of South Range and I am curious how this hill compares. I am not saying it isn't big but I have never seen in person and the videos might not do it justice. Is the hill climb just for short tracks?[/b]

YES IT IS

WE were there last march on patys day take a look for yourself...

·
Registered
433 Posts
That hill is straight up in the AIR! It is huge, I have been on top several times in the sumer. Good luck to anyone who tries. I have seen the u tube video's as well. Would like see it in person some time. I think that the climb is open to all sleds.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That hill is straight up in the AIR! It is huge, I have been on top several times in the sumer. Good luck to anyone who tries. I have seen the u tube video's as well. Would like see it in person some time. I think that the climb is open to all sleds.[/b]

I bet it can't be that bad on a long track... Still, those pics do not do it justice. Has anyone who has seen it also been to the South Range hill and can compare? I can't see the terrain from those pictures to see if anything is straight up or technical.

What are those logs going across the top.... there are two?

G

·
I bet it can't be that bad on a long track... Still, those pics do not do it justice. Has anyone who has seen it also been to the South Range hill and can compare? I can't see the terrain from those pictures to see if anything is straight up or technical.

What are those logs going across the top.... there are two?[/b]
Cuzz

The two logs were placed there years ago to stop erosion. they are placed at the top of whats called the LEDGE.. its a section of the hill that it about 75 yards long that is almost vertical...... trust me when i tell you its steep. i know there is plenty of stuff out west that is steeper but you dont have the luxury of 10'+ of powder to save your sled if it goes south. My balls come in a small dump truck but i would not even ride down with out a belt around each ski.....

we will go in feb. and you will freak. its the steepest hill in the midwest other then some double black diamond ski hills...........

trackstand

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone ever climb the hill in Brimley at the old Iroqoius Inn?[/b]
I have not but seen sleds that did and the ones that did not. My friend went down it, because he thought that was going to be easier???? Thank god the bar was still open cause he had to wipe the shit out of his pants LOL

G

·
I have not but seen sleds that did and the ones that did not. My friend went down it, because he thought that was going to be easier???? Thank god the bar was still open cause he had to wipe the shit out of his pants LOL[/b]

Whos got pics of this hill?

trackstand

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I don't have any digital pics but what makes it tough is it's a narrow trail up thru the trees. My wife, son, and I were staying there and I waited til the last day to try it in case things didn't go well. I hit the bottom at about 35 mph and about 2/3 rds up and said to myself " this ain't so bad" and then I started to loose momentum near the top. Well, it was pretty well trenched out and the sides of the sled started to drag and take pressure off the track and I went into save the sled mode. Started to slide down and was able to wedge it somewhat sideways. Guys at the bottom came out of the bar and asked my wife if I needed some help. They came up the long way on RX-1s and tossed me a strap, moved the sled out of the trench and I rode it out from there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bet it can't be that bad on a long track... Still, those pics do not do it justice. Has anyone who has seen it also been to the South Range hill and can compare?

If you go to ytube.com and type in copper peak snowmobile hill climb, you will see that the long tracks struggle just as much. They also have you weaving back and forth up the hill. Not as easy as it looks. I am sure there are some guys that do climb it with no problems. Take some pictures if you dare climb it, and show as all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Hill outside of South Range is nothing compared to the Copper Peak. I have rode up the hill in South Range it is nothing. I was at the hill climb last year at Copper Peak and seen a couple make it up and alot more come that came down flipping end over end.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
HAHA You consider the hill in south range a hill?? I want you to give copper peak a try please cuzzin loaf. All i can say is take that M and stud and screw it both. Ill bring the zip ties. No its way possible if you have alot of time a on sled and know how to ride hills and such. But studs and screws a must.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Hill outside of South Range is nothing compared to the Copper Peak. I have rode up the hill in South Range it is nothing. I was at the hill climb last year at Copper Peak and seen a couple make it up and alot more come that came down flipping end over end.[/b]

Gotcha, this video Clicky shows it a little better.... at least a lot of the sleds coming down. The last two guys who ran it had the right idea because they kept up there speed and didn't back out. I guess without seeing it in person it looks a lot easier than it is. I'd love to get out there and see it for myself.... and dare run it if I don't pus out.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HAHA You consider the hill in south range a hill?? I want you to give copper peak a try please cuzzin loaf. All i can say is take that M and stud and screw it both. Ill bring the zip ties. No its way possible if you have alot of time a on sled and know how to ride hills and such. But studs and screws a must.[/b]
Without seeing it in person and being in the Midwest, I needed something to compare it to. I never said I could (or would) attempt it... I just said that the video/pictures don't do it justice. I am sure I'd pus out if it is as bad as everyone is saying.

I wonder if insurance would cover it LOL?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts