Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our first exerience with Cats, and are working on getting an F7 ready to drag race. We were looking over the coolant lines, and are wondering how/where anybody hooked up the lines to run to their cooler. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BM

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ran my F7 for a couple hours on a stand just using ice and H2O. I filled the trunk with ice and covered the rear of the sled with ice, just behind the trunk around the tail light. I was impressed with the cooling effect of the running boards as well, if you pile ice on them, the boards will cool the lines. When we ran her up 7800 to 8000 RPM she did get warm but not enough to have the warning light come on. When she did get hot all I did was run a garden hose under the rear of the track near the cooler and the effect was felt to the front cooler. Just keep checking the temperature on each side at the front end of the running board where they enter the belly pan area. This will give you a good indication of the effect on cooling that this method has. i.e. one side will be hotter than the other. If I remember correctly the right side is cooler as the outlet from the motor is on the left. Or was that my other right?? Why don't you write back and let me know which is right, right or left. right!
PS please make sure she is anchored if you run her up as I would hate to read about you needing a repair method fora rocket hole in your garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts