Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[attachment=94282:attachment]

I have ran this set up on my 03 F7 for 3 years now. The 03's get heated up way faster than any sled I have ever seen before. Alot of you HCS's have posted concerns about the engine light blinking or after blinking staying on and the engine going into failsafe mode where performance is cut in half. When the engine light starts blinking most of us freak out and turn it off for cool down. What you don't know is how hot it is. On my F7 when the light blinks it is at about 165 degrees, which is far from any engine damage. Now when my light stays on and goes into failsafe, it is about 185 degrees or alittle higher, then I know it is time to find better snow conditions or give her a rest for awhile. I have found that some mornings when it is real cold, the snow is froze like ice and cooling is minimal and the gauge needle is moving up or on a lake with little snow she will heat up quick. I feel for the price this is a good and funtional aftermarket item. They will be on my website soon at WWW.JTATV.COM but right now you can order direct or ask questions at 1-810-664-3987 m-f, 7am-3pm. The sale price at this time is $79.95.

J&T Products

Thanks,

:div20: :div20: :div20: :div20: :div20:

:div20:
Todd

G

·
This is so important for well tuned firecatters--the more power you add with dyno tuning/ big bores/ pipes etc the more heat will be generated. the stock cooling system may be good for stock 130hp, but if you go to 144 with tuning and even more w/ big bores etc, all the way to 190hp you can see that the cooling system may be inadequate for you, monitoring coolant temp is an absoloute must if you expect survival on pump gas. All you smart tuning/ engine modding guys need to monitor engine coolant temp one way or another.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would also be interested if the guage was digital!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey nightfireboy.

Thats a kool look all black and white springs and skiis. You need to buy the inline tee so you can use some other brand gauge kit. My tees are anodized aluminum,your choice of red or blue,and in stock for $29.95
1-810-664-3987 m-f 7-3pm.

J&T Products
www.jtatv.com

Thanks
Todd

:div20: :div20: :div20:

·
Banned
995 Posts
:div20: am very interested as i have seen my light blink on and off last yr on plowed roads,etc. cam you tell us where the t mounts? installation instructions...........thanks....HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry if I did not explain it well. If you buy a tee it will not have the sender in it. The ones in the pics have the senders that are calibrated for my gauges. Now when you buy what ever gauge you want to use it will come with its own sender that works with that unit. Far as I know all the 12 volt gauges use 1/8 pipe thread. So you will thread in the sender that comes with your gauge. FYI my gauges work on both AC and DC current. I have herd people having problems with this because most aftermarket auto temp gauges only use AC voltage. I know that the firecats has both AC and DC but do not know witch electrical componets use what. I am sure that some one on this fourm could help you with this question better than me.

Hope this helped
Todd

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
that helped alot! thanks! so do you have any other gauges that work with your setup with a white face? i would also like to know more about EGT / exhaust temp.... i would like matching gauges if possible...thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
One last question...does anyone know if this fitting fits under the engine, in the hard to reach location?

John

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The inline tee will fit under the engine. It is still difficult to work there. I have one tee there and one behind the big clutch. There is only a few degrees difference between the two locations. I recomend putting it behind the big clutch because it is a easy and quick installation.

Todd

·
Registered
493 Posts
what kind off payment do you take???? i really like the setup its very simple nothing to go wrong ...where in mi are you located ???

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Saber!

Could you take a picture of one installed behind the clutch for future reference.

Thanks

Jester :div20:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts