Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang ...

Question: Should I be overly concerned that the engine coolant light on my sled came on last weekend up at Bald Mountain? The trails were packed down so there wasn't any snow to blow around the cowling or anything like that. The sled didn't heat up.. no loss of performance .. no radiater smell .. no smoke or anything from the hood when I trailered it up.

Is it fairly common to have the light come on when riding on packed trails versus riding on a lake with plenty of snow to push through?

This past weekend was also the first ride since it was serviced last month.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
When you see the light come on find a spot off trail where you can get a little powder up under the skid, also pack a little on the running boards. My old F7 was very temperamental with low snow, had to always look for the pow to cool her off

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info and thanx for the replies. It only does it on the trails so next time I'll yank it into some powder and see how it responds.

Did I mention that it's warm as hell out right now and drizzlin' down rain and my driveway is a mud pit and I coulda swore my grass wasn't this green yesterday and I'm thinking about going out back and digging up some crawlers and throw a line in and I haven't had to shovel a single snowflake yet this year and where the F**K is all the G*DD*M snow and why the F**K can't Denver unass some of their snow and send it our way and why won't Mother Nature show us a little compassion with a reach-around as she buries it into all of us for the second year in a row and why do all the G*DD*M meteoroligists talk about the record weather with such glee in their voices and for the first time in my life it looks like I won't be able to put a trap out on Love Lake in Crawford because of zero ice and doesn't that mosquito I saw in my shed this morning realize it's the dead of winter and he/she could freeze to death???

WTF !!!!

:linemup:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
double digit negative temps in colorado today ..... had bugs, rain... 60 degree low here last night ... 65 right now...... this is some kind of nightmare, we all need to wake up so it ends

1 - 8 of 8 Posts