Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my F5 for the first time on Saturday. Ran it 12 miles with no problems. I checked it over after i ran it, and I saw a little coolant on the hose that connects to the plastic bottle. If you are sitting on the sled it's the hose on the right side of the bottle. There was a little moisture at the top of the line above the clamp. I am not sure if it was there before I ran it or if it was after. If it is leaking out, does that mean air could be getting in? This whole burping and air bubble stuff has got me paranoid. What should I do? Wasn't there a bulletin on a coolant leak?

·
Registered
302 Posts
check your clamps and look for a small leak when running . Or pressurize the system with 5#air at resevoir and look for leaks. You may need to just tighten things up. Verify the hxr's are warm in the tunnel and footrests after getting to N.O.T. to verify flow thru them. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the clamp on the hose. The clamp looked fine to me. I thought i remember reading something about a bulletin on a coolant leak, and something had to be sanded down.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes there was, The nipple on the tank is too large on some batches, It needs to be taken in to the dealer and they have to sand the nipple down so the hose fits better. I had the same thing on my F7.
brad

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
czy42strokes,

I found your post on the old board. I was wondering if I can just put a regular hose clamp on there. In the old forum a couple guys did that. Any thoughts? I would like to avoid bringing it to the dealer again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was told that during the molding process some of the nipples were too large and didn't allow the hose to seat properly, I would certainly try the hose clamp and see if that works, I just didn't want to overtighten something and crack the tank and have bigger issues..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
czy42strokes,

I saw that you didn't want to overtighten. My other question is will it hurt anything if coolant leaks out a little even after I put a new hose clamp on? I mean it was a couple drops. It only started to leak after I rode it, it didn't leak running it on the jack stand. Could this cause an air bubble issue? I wouldn't think so since it is pushing the coolant out and not sucking air in. If it leaks after I put a hose clamp on it then it will have to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im having the same problem with my F5.....our coolent was pourin from the bottom around 10 miles on it and we dont know whats wrong.....our dealer wont take it back either.......were gonna take it to a repair shop... ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FireCat500,

What do you mean your dealer will not take it back? If you don't have a cat dealer or someone who knows sleds to fix it you will have bigger problems with letting air in the system.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
firecat_500,..if your dealer will not stand behind his cat's
i would not buy another thing from him
there are many cat dealers in this country that care about you
tell him to get f#^@ed :angry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts