Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got home from 6 days of riding in Cooke. I wish we could have stayed for the new snow but, had a blast smooshing all the snow we could find. Here are some pics, enjoy...
[attachment=409874:DSCN3751.JPG]
[attachment=409872:DSCN3744.JPG]
[attachment=409873:DSCN3745.JPG]

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[attachment=409879:DSCN3762.JPG]
[attachment=409881:DSCN3774.JPG]
[attachment=409883:DSCN3788.JPG]

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was funny...
[attachment=409892:DSCN3791.JPG]
BTW, flood control sucks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice pics. Looks like a fun time. I keep seeing these awsome pics from the mountains and want to go in the worst way. Hopefully next year.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
That's a pretty ballsy jump someone made off that rock ledge!
Cooke City looks awesome and I can't wait to go there - its definitely on our "to do" list.

We're all your sleds rentals? How expensive is it to rent a good mountain sled per day?
Thanks for the pics! Post some more please!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like you guys had a blast! whos the one that found the tree? looks liek a new ski-doo![/b]
The one that hit the tree (at least the one we have a pic of LOL, many trees were hit) was Mr. Ladysummit my B-I-L. I think he's got about 150 miles on it now.

That's a pretty ballsy jump someone made off that rock ledge!
Cooke City looks awesome and I can't wait to go there - its definitely on our "to do" list.

We're all your sleds rentals? How expensive is it to rent a good mountain sled per day?
Thanks for the pics! Post some more please![/b]
That crazy F'er is my DH and he didn't know that was on the other side when he made that climb. Pretty much was his only line, VERY deep snow, if the pic would have turned out I could show you the blow out around that rock was probably 10-12 feet tall and who knows how much deeper it went. The funny thing is as we were digging him out a guy with a turbo Apex followed Chris's (DH) line up that hill. We waved hime off and he just backed up a little to get a different line and waited untill we were done getting Chris out. Then proceeded to get himself into the exact thing HAHA. As he was stuck he was telling us he's got a 174" track and 320 HP. I guess it still wasn't enough, here's a pic of it...
[attachment=410426:DSCN3790.JPG]
All the sleds are owned, we really don't ride anywhere but the mountains. 5 out of 6 of us have new sleds this year so it was fun! As far as rentals go it's about 180-200 bucks a day to rent a good sled. I wish I had more pics I was just having too much fun to think about taking more. Hopefully Ladysummit will come on and post some, I know she had a really nice new camera and seems to get the good pics!

G

·
The one that hit the tree (at least the one we have a pic of LOL, many trees were hit) was Mr. Ladysummit my B-I-L. I think he's got about 150 miles on it now.
That crazy F'er is my DH and he didn't know that was on the other side when he made that climb. Pretty much was his only line, VERY deep snow, if the pic would have turned out I could show you the blow out around that rock was probably 10-12 feet tall and who knows how much deeper it went. The funny thing is as we were digging him out a guy with a turbo Apex followed Chris's (DH) line up that hill. We waved hime off and he just backed up a little to get a different line and waited untill we were done getting Chris out. Then proceeded to get himself into the exact thing HAHA. As he was stuck he was telling us he's got a 174" track and 320 HP. I guess it still wasn't enough, here's a pic of it...
[attachment=410426:DSCN3790.JPG]
All the sleds are owned, we really don't ride anywhere but the mountains. 5 out of 6 of us have new sleds this year so it was fun! As far as rentals go it's about 180-200 bucks a day to rent a good sled. I wish I had more pics I was just having too much fun to think about taking more. Hopefully Ladysummit will come on and post some, I know she had a really nice new camera and seems to get the good pics![/b]

this last ones a beaut....yer supposed ta wait till the water is LIQUID to submarine......very nice tunnel bore

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
this last ones a beaut....yer supposed ta wait till the water is LIQUID to submarine......very nice tunnel bore[/b]
That is crazy....Digging out a Apex (of all sleds) submarined like that is not my idea of a fun!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
As far as rentals go it's about 180-200 bucks a day to rent a good sled.[/b]
In Vermont it costs that much to rent a fan cooled 500 c.c. sled for 3 hours - AND you have to follow their tour guide!!!!!

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
In Vermont it costs that much to rent a fan cooled 500 c.c. sled for 3 hours - AND you have to follow their tour guide!!!!![/b]
OMG.....out in Cooke you can rent a 08 M6 153" for $160 per day at Cooke City Motorsports

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
OMG.....out in Cooke you can rent a 08 M6 153" for $160 per day at Cooke City Motorsports[/b]

Here's one place in Vermont that'll rent for the day...(7 hours) to the tune of $275.00. And if you want to add a rider (hey - after all they are two seaters - LOL) that'll run you $350.00 THIS IS NOT A MISPRINT!

Remember, its still a 500CC sled.

http://www.twinbrookstours.com/tbrates.html

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In Vermont it costs that much to rent a fan cooled 500 c.c. sled for 3 hours - AND you have to follow their tour guide!!!!![/b]
DAYMN!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts