Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the saga continues, last trip this past weekend to the munising area, resulted in similar results and the disbelief that comes with it. 1st test a well dialed mxz700, this thing was won its share of NSRA grass drags, it was over right from the start, victim number one, same results with mxz 800, the Pol 45th aniver. edition, no contest, almost laughable (although he didn't really care) The yamahas of the group, well they were only SX 700's so it really wasn't fair. The one guy who didn't go that week end has a SX viper, but I am pretty confident in the end result of that one.

We raced in soft conditions, hard pack roads, etc. it didn't make a difference. I actually thought that the hard pack roads is where the short lug sleds, but picked, would have the advantage over my 7 sp, but no way. I still have the coupler block on 3 as well, but the Goodwin clutching seems to be working, but I really need a stock F7 sp to compare against. I also have the TPI valves in the airbox, but due to the snow conditions, I never even opened them up.

One piece of advise, in high snow dust or heavy snow conditions leave the TPI valves or the bullseyes closed, you get a heavy ice build up in that area. Just FYI. I am still trying to get the handling the way I like it, but this was the first trip out and we did everyting: groomed trails, highline (powder) riding, and everything in between. About 350 miles for the two days, not great but not bad.

·
Registered
119 Posts
NOT FAIR? A 700 is a 700 man!!!! if anything it wasn't fair for the 800s thagt you beat them...the viper had the fairest run of them all.. When my brothers mod 900 beats me..i say STOCK v STOCK lets run..and if you win lets take off 186 cc's or w/e it is!!!

F7 is THE FASTEST sled in its class...the f9 will desimate all you watch...and hassle me if i'm wrong!
:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts