Hardcore Sledder banner

Considering a 2009 Venture RS

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shed 
#1 ·
The local dealer has a 2009 Venture RS for sale. I'm looking for a 2 up so I can throw the kids on the back when the opportunity arises.

With that said, I don't want to sacrifice performance when I'm riding alone. How is the Venture RS going to compare with the Vector or Viper as far as performance is concerned?

It has 2700 miles on it. They're asking $4800. I was thinking about offering $4000.

Thanks

#2 ·
Bought my wife a 2013 Venture TF this year with power steering and 230 miles on the ODO. She has ridden it once this year but loves it. She was riding a 2006 Vector GT single rider last year. The venture is a touring 2 up sled so it will not perform as well as a single rider vector that is specifically made to run fast on the trails. The venture does have a softer suspension and a longer track 151 inch compared to 121 on the vector so it will absorb the bumps alot better than a short track. The venture is very torquey off the line but drops off after 30 miles per hour. 80 mph can be achieved easily but don't think there is enough HP to hit 100 mph. This is a 2 up sled and not meant for lake runs. It will depend on your riding style and how you intend to use the sled to determine if the performance is lacking. For my wife who just cruises wiht my daughter on the trails it is perfect for them.

#4 ·
i have had my 2007 to 102
but that was perfect conditions
i shouldn't go that fast on it anymore as it has 19,550 miles

but i find myself going 85 way too often

i liked it so much i bought a used 2011
they are big and heavy
i like that about them 80% of the time
solid, cushy, stable at speed

tippy when going slow and trying to maneuver...

like any other machine, it cannot be perfect for every riding situation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.