Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 600 CFI SB for $7800. I ride mostly trails in Quebec, and around home in PA, when we have snow. Ride about 1500-3000 mis./year total. I have ridden a 98 Ultra and a 2001 600 classic with M-10. I did not like the m-10, too tippy in the corners and bottomed too easily.

Buddy has an Arctic Cat 660 touring with a 144"skid and when I rode it, it really didn't seem to handle all that bad. It handled the trail stutter and big g-bumps very well also. Nice thing was the storage bag and extra seat he can install for riding 2 up with his wife or kids.

One of my pet peeves is most of the new sleds have extremely poor storage capabilities, both for gear, and oil. Most of my Quebec riding is large loops, carrying everything on the sled for 4 or 5 days. This means a backpack or tunnel bags. I used to be able to find places for oil under the hood, and a backpack usually attached on the back to my backrest with the straps on the pack and a long bungee.

As I look at the new sleds, they all have almost no room under the hood, and with the exception of the rev, you cannot even put a bag on the back without blocking the taillight.

I am considering the renegade or switchback for the longer track, not so much for off trail, but for the ride quality and extra space.

Here is my question, how much will I notice the extra length skid on the SB? I like to ride aggressive about 30-50% of the time, but the rest I like to cruise.

I tend to think that overall, with better milieage, better power, better handling (if the IQ chassis provides it) I should be able to get used to the longer skid. If the longer skid provides better ride quality, I will probably not mind the extra effort in the corners, if there is that much more effort.

I have been reading all the posts here, and it seems like most who buy the SB buy it for the off-trail capabilities as compared to the Renegade where many are trail riders wanting the longer skid for better ride.

Any input is appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
I bought mine more for the off trail but in 98% of the trail riding I did last year, I did not feel the length was noticeable at all. My prior sled was and Edge 121". Only a couple of times when leading and pushing it hard in the tightests of twisties, could I feel it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts