Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a new 850 Polaris, but I'm not sure what model to look for. I know I want the 129" track. The use will be for trail riding....not jumping. I had a 14 indy 800 that I was really happy with. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
20,702 Posts
I would like to purchase a new 850 Polaris, but I'm not sure what model to look for. I know I want the 129" track. The use will be for trail riding....not jumping. I had a 14 indy 800 that I was really happy with. Thanks for any help.
Your 2014 Indy has quite a different ride/feel to it vs. the newer styled AXYS or Matryx. Do you know if you want a traditional styled sled again (normal tunnel) - or have you given any thought to the Pro-S or XCR in the "Rush" chassis? I still say that chassis is one of the best handling, best performing, best COOLING sleds on the market. My knock against it is there's no room for storage - if you like to have room for stuff. The latest and greatest is the Matryx platform, and from there it's AXYS which you can go with the Pro-S or XCR in the aforementioned "Rush" (Pro-XC) chassis or the "traditional" Indy XC styled sleds with the Pro-CC suspension.

The number of models to choose from is nice, but also a bit of an "overkill" feel to it ... but hey, nothing wrong with options!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong but if he just wants a 129 he will have to go with an axys xc, a matryx vr1, matryx launch or an axys xcr. Both the rush style are 137” tracks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
W8ting4sno that XCR looks awesome.
The reviews for the VR1 are very good. That said he may have to take what he can get. Correct me if I’m wrong, but for what he is looking for, he is going to have to find someone that backed out on a spring order.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
VR1 edition Matryx was spring order only. Launch model Matryx is for in season, but who knows how many launch sleds there will be available due to Covid 19.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I am trying to figure out which Polaris model is the cheapest with the 850? I think its the pro s?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The 2019 and 2020 850 models where snow check only so there is not many at dealers. For the upcoming season the dealers can sell 2021 model year 850s. From what I get from what you said I would recommend a polaris 129 Indy xc 850.

If you want the latest and greatest you will also be able to get the 850 Indy Launch Edition 129 Matryx VR1. It will be much harder to find because of high demand and a lot more money as dealers will want msrp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts