Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ZRT 600 my compretion starting on the right (if your looking from it from behind is 126 - 112 - 120 is that a good are to be in

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I would be a little concerned about the 112, thats a bit low, not sure what a ZRT has for comp but all cycinlers should be fairly close, My guess is some where around 125-130 range for that sled, just a guess, I would think about ringing if your after better performance.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i am guessing it is lower then a twin. :dunno: but my 97'440 is by mileage ready for a rebuild at 145psi per cylinder i think its suppose to be 155-160 new. but a triple could be way dif. sorry but hope this might help :div20:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn’t the pressure in the cylinder the compression ratio multiplied by the
atmoshere? So a zrt 800 with 6/1 compression ratio would be around 88psi.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by 97snoprozr440@Oct 19 2005, 06:39 AM
i am guessing it is lower then a twin. :dunno: but my 97'440 is by mileage ready for a rebuild at 145psi per cylinder i think its suppose to be 155-160 new. but a triple could be way dif. sorry but hope this might help :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939819
[/quote]
145psi is pretty high. With 155-160 you better run race fuel..

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
My zrt is around 120, same with most of my sleds.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by 87gtNOS@Oct 20 2005, 07:40 AM
It is a 100hp 440 snopro, so that sounds right!!??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942578
[/quote]
I had one of those 97 440's, and it was a production/snopro that year. It came setup for 87 octane fuel, with a chart for a 93 octane setup. That setup was mainly for jetting. 145psi is a trailable number, but when you start getting into the 150-160+ range, she's gonna make some heat in any twostroke.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Oct 20 2005, 03:18 PM
I had one of those 97 440's, and it was a production/snopro that year. It came setup for 87 octane fuel, with a chart for a 93 octane setup. That setup was mainly for jetting. 145psi is a trailable number, but when you start getting into the 150-160+ range, she's gonna make some heat in any twostroke.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943481
[/quote]

well i have 6000 miles on it since last rebuild. so i donno how it would be still like brand new. :dunno: i never will run 87 in mine again. i tried it once and i could tell the dif in power. i am not tryin to start anything this is just what i was told. :div20: oyeah there was 2 dif zr440s that year. i donno if that was what you were saying with production/snopro. but there was a consumer model and a race model. the real sno pro came out in 98'. i have the race model with the clear tank and the stock clutching and gears were a little dif. :beerchug:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by 97snoprozr440@Oct 20 2005, 04:31 PM
well i have 6000 miles on it since last rebuild. so i donno how it would be still like brand new. :dunno: i never will run 87 in mine again. i tried it once and i could tell the dif in power. i am not tryin to start anything this is just what i was told. :div20: oyeah there was 2 dif zr440s that year. i donno if that was what you were saying with production/snopro. but there was a consumer model and a race model. the real sno pro came out in 98'. i have the race model with the clear tank and the stock clutching and gears were a little dif. :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943688
[/quote]
Difference in power? How? Without changing anything but fuel octane? 93 over the 87 is safer, but doesn't make more power. Higher octane=cleaner=cooler=less detonation=safer, but not more power.

·
Registered
598 Posts
112 a little low if all three read that but i would check your compression with another tester just to be sure if possible!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Oct 20 2005, 05:34 PM
Difference in power? How? Without changing anything but fuel octane? 93 over the 87 is safer, but doesn't make more power. Higher octane=cleaner=cooler=less detonation=safer, but not more power.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943843
[/quote]

if it is burning cleaner-cool-and all that other stuff it is making more power. with a cooler running motor it will produce more power. and i looked at my air box it come set up for 91 and altitude. and shows how you can jet it for 87. if it is running cooler the cylinders should not expand so much and will keep motor at more of a steady temp. if octane does not make more power why do they run 110 octane? beside they need to for compretion. higher octane atemizes better to. :beerchug:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by 97snoprozr440@Oct 20 2005, 07:23 PM
if it is burning cleaner-cool-and all that other stuff it is making more power. with a cooler running motor it will produce more power. and i looked at my air box it come set up for 91 and altitude. and shows how you can jet it for 87. if it is running cooler the cylinders should not expand so much and will keep motor at more of a steady temp. if octane does not make more power why do they run 110 octane? beside they need to for compretion. higher octane atemizes better to. :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=944145
[/quote]
They run 110 in tight motors to keep the heat down, and keep than aluminium mass thats pumping up and down in your NIK bore from turning into mush.. I used to run 114 in my drag sleds because of heat, the problem is it takes longer to heat the pipe..

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a zrt 6 and the compression cross the board is right around 120ish. I believe new they only ran like 130ish tops. BUT the 112 one means that cylinder is in need of some attention. If the other 2 are in teh 120ish area and one is around 10lbs less theres something up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts