Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested my sled the other day and I had 125lbs. on the dot in both cylinders. I'm just curious if that is good or what. I've been mixing oil in the gas since I got my letter, but that was after I had already put 600 miles on it. It seems to run great, I'm still spanking guys on the REV and Polaris 8's. I guess I'm just nervous and waiting for something to happen! Any help would greatly be appreciated. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Interesting. After getting mine back from the dealer after a rebuild he told be both cylinders were at 130 psi. I was somewhat concerned since I've read that many owners were reporting 140+ psi. This weekend will tell the tale. Is there that much variation in compression or is it a combination of engine and user/equipment? <_<

·
Registered
2 Posts
its good that you know your compression before any problems but you also must check it the same way everytime,same amount of pulls and hot or cold motor. on a cold motor I would suggest putting a little oil in them to get a true reading..... My F7 had 152 & 149 on a hot motor

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've checked my compression 3 times now. Once at 18 miles, 350 miles and 1100 miles. Every time it was a little over 150 for both cylinders. My sled was running pretty lean on oil, though I never checked the the ratio I had put over a 1000 miles on it and used less then one gallon of oil. Since the rod adjustment I'm running about 73 to 1. I tried to shorten the rod even more by removing some of the threads but if you go more then what AC gave you it will prevent the throttle from opening all the way as the oil pump is wide open.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Something for you guys to remember is the higher your elevation the lower your compression will measure. This is also true for barametric pressure. I live at about 500-1000 feet elevation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts