Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya know, with all this talk about scuffed piston's, shouldn't the compression of these cylinders be going down, does anyone have the spec for the compression in each side, would like to check mine out to make sure i have no problems with my rings seating to the walls, thanks in advance

see ya on the trail

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Dec 5 2002, 11:19 PM
ya know, with all this talk about scuffed piston's, shouldn't the compression of these cylinders be going down, does anyone have the spec for the compression in each side, would like to check mine out to make sure i have no problems with my rings seating to the walls, thanks in advance

see ya on the trail
Most definatley! If the pistons are scuffed, the numbers would change. Not drastcally, but enought to notice the difference.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO LIKE I SAID, DOES ANYONE HAVE A SERVICE MANUAL YET THAT COULD LOOK UP THE PSI FOR THE CYLINDERS, I HAVE A COMPRESSION TESTER, BUT I WOULD LIKE A REFERENCE OF WHAT THEY SHOULD BE AT

THANKS, SEE YA ON THE TRAIL

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tested mine with 6 miles on it and got 145-150 both sides. Just so people don't get freaked out I looked in my cylinders one night and they looked like they were scuffed on the walls, after I put the cylinder light in the cylinder you can see the cross hatch of the walls so it is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You should be using a LeakDown tester like Skydog said.
Pick yourself up a dual gauge leak down tester if you want to take accurate cylinder readings. They are much better than compression testers. New engines are tuff. Normal reading are 3-5% while new engines can produce 5-8% sometimes. Just look for big differences between the cylinders for now or until you have some miles on her.

·
Registered
827 Posts
ouch with a reading of 130 and 100 psi i would be worried,i have a 550 pantera with 4,000 miles and i get 135 psi both cyls,,but ac f7 is right cyl leakage is more reliable, and you can tell how much is getting past the rings etc :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
I THINK MINE ARE LOW DUE TO THE RING STICKING-IT IS POSSIBLE THE OTHER CYLINDER THAT IS HIGHER MAY HAVE STUCK ALSO-?-IT HAS TO BE THE COOLING BURPING ISSUE-I HAVE AN APPT MONDAY TO BRING IT IN-I HOPE THEY TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM AND DONT JUST BLOW ME OFF DUE TO IT IS RUNNING.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts