Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been in touch with my dealer about the various concerns relating to my F7. The shock spring (front) rubbing and steering rod hitting the head problems were never an issue with my sled. The first, because mine's a SnoPro package, and those didn't have the spring problem. The second because mine was outside the VIN range of the affected sleds.

So far, I've only had the problem with the sevo motor wires getting cut in two by the secondary. That's been fixed. My tach does seem to read inexplicably high in the max rpm recall mode. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if it had actually been turning 9 grand. :p

That leaves me to address:

The longer front arm mounting bolts. (Loctited the nuts in the meantime)

The rail cap bolt nuts. (Again, loctited for now)

The starter rope fix. (I've been careful to pull it so I minimize contact with the console. I'll also install some Spectra 5.5mm accessory cord when I install the fix.)

The smart valve and pump retainer fix. (Haven't had any issue so far. I guess if I do have a problem before the dealer gets the parts, then I'll drill a vent hole for the rear smart valve)

Tach fix. (I guess there aren't parts required here. Just flip the coil and go?)

Rear arm spring cam cross shaft welds. (As far as I'm aware, Cat has yet to even acknowledge this issue, right?)

Added:

Steering adjusting block lower caps. (I wonder what the deal is with these? Mine look fine.)

Please let me know what I've missed.

Thanks, huz

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but I have. The slide rail end cap it really loose and the other one fell off on my F5. I think everyone should check theres. It could just be mine but its worth checking.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ryan001,

How does a person 'add' arrows to pictures like you did above?? I would like to be able to do that alos.... Is it something that you could explain to a kinda computer dummy like me?? ^_^ .
-John

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
its pretty easy. Take your picture and open it in Paint ( a program every computers has almost) and just click on the paint brush or the icon with a line on it and draw the arrow in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by ryan001@Dec 29 2002, 01:06 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but I have. The slide rail end cap it really loose and the other one fell off on my F5. I think everyone should check theres. It could just be mine but its worth checking.
There is a service bulletin out on this problem. Cat didn't use nyloc nuts so the caps are coming off. Just had mine done at my dealer on Friday.

Good luck, and rider like ya sole it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Good list Huz. Others that I can think of, which I am sure everyone is aware of are:

The possible kinked fuel line inside the tank-- not a service bulletin, but may be a problem

possible air bubble in oil line-- don't believe this is a service bulletin either.

bleeding the coolant system

making sure the remote resevoirs on the sno pros are properly mounted.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Blue comments are from a post by evil twin in the "litterbox" forum. Sorry for the repeat info, but it is another good list.

I had a call from my dealer on Friday last week he said he needed to get his hands on my F7SP to do some updates. Parts were in for the last two items that were not service bulletins.
I asked him to fax me a copy of the updates he had to date.
He did this for my S/N only but here is a list I got from him.
I am glad he sent me these as I was loosing track of them on this site.
That is why I am writing this note in order to get most updates in one post.
Smart valve update.
Steering adjustment block cap update.
Lock nut on slide rail.
Cap screw securing the Front A arm assembly to the tunnel.
Digital tach inaccurate reading repair.
Of course the starter rope update.
Lower coolant hose loosing fluid.
Fuel injector wiring harness (securing)
The following was part of my own PDI and the parts are in for this as well.
My seat had a small hole so they are replacing it.
I had a grease zirt fall out of my rear suspension, (center link of the undercarriage at the rear scissor) They have a new shaft to put in here.
Should be gone for a day or two.
Have a great day
Evil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts