Hardcore Sledder banner

do you use 2 way commu8nication in your helmet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
yeah ,the 5 guys I ride with all have them , can't imagine riding without them,safety factor you know when people are coming at you,how many , anybody wipes out ,even crossing a lake ,guys get lost you just know where your group is , the only thing that sucks(just like a patrol someone has to take point).But I'll tell we were coming around a bend on lake and the lead started yelling SLUSH!.let me tell you we were all on the hammerand cleared all of it. Only problem was there was no trail out so we all turned around took a deep breath and nailed right back out and around :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Put it in the general forum as that will cover the whole range of the forum. I used them have 4 collet platinum 900s. We ride with people that all have them. Pretty hard to ride hard in NH without them. The guy out front usually is my dad or the other guy who rides with us and they have great vision on where a warden is so we can slow down and not get ticketed. It would be very unsafe to ride as hard as we ride without them. We have had a few times where without them there would have been a nasty crash and it would have sucked hardcore. Mine broke at the power cord at the box but we had an extra so we put that on while we wait for the parts or to fix it ourselves. I'm not exactly easy on my stuff but was surprised after only 1500 miles that the brand new cord broke.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have a Collet and love it. As of this year only me and one other guy use them. Two others have them but never hooked them up and now seldom ride. Trying to get two other buddies of mine to get them. They work great for alerting others of conditions or sleds / cars. Yes cars, there was a small subi coming down the trail one day.. :augen41: idiot. They work great for alerting people in front if something happens in back of the pack. Its much easier if everyone gets one and now with the Collet sno-fone they are relatively cheap.

I did have the plug end on the communicator break. It was a bad connection but sent it back to Collet and they fixed it for free. Now i strap up the connector end under the clip to keep the tension off the cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts