Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6' of snow and counting. The shorty is struggling but I made it down Coal Creek Canyon. Was hoping to get gas but when I got to the station you could barely see the tops of the pumps and it was a ghost town. Never imagined I would see Hwy 72 like it is today. 8' walls from yesterday's plows with 3' pow on top make for some wicked 40mph rails around switchback turns LOL! They are hard to make out but there were two county snow plows, several cars and an RTD bus littering the hwy. Saw a bunch of snow boarders hitching rides on snowmobiles up to the top of the canyon and riding for a few miles down. Several avalanches are reported in Boulder Canyon and around Eldora on the divide. Storm of the decade! Someone please pick me up some chains for my Case and meet me in Coal Creek Canyon LOL! I am hosed for the foreseeable future. I needed to lose a few pounds anyway so what better way than to starve yourself. I am down to soup, hot sauce, and crackers LOL!

Front door
The chick magnet
Length matters
The truck which I pulled out yesterday after there was already 3' on the ground. Yes it is stuck lol
Truck
I had to dig down the side of the chick magnet so I could siphon gas for the sled.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So just heard from a bud on his emergency services radio that some dude died from the elements in a cabin up in the Continental Divide. Lost power a few days ago most likely... Going to sled up there and check it out in the morning. I guess the sheriff's dept on sled got up there and took pics and they will leave him there until the storm is over when they can get there and recover the body. Gnarly!

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey duke1n I think i can speak for everyone around here by saying put some miles on for us.. looks like alot of fun :D Its really warm in michigan and it raining now :( ....so i think everyone around here is done for the year :( , so put some miles on for all of us!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Dude! That is almost too much snow! Can you even find the trail? Stuck, Stuck, Stuck!!!!!! I would love it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Originally posted by duke1n@Mar 19 2003, 02:58 PM
So just heard from a bud on his emergency services radio that some dude died from the elements in a cabin up in the Continental Divide. Lost power a few days ago most likely... Going to sled up there and check it out in the morning. I guess the sheriff's dept on sled got up there and took pics and they will leave him there until the storm is over when they can get there and recover the body. Gnarly!
Please tell me you are not going to go look at the guy. That is Nasty!!

But whatever suites your fancy, :lol: Your crazy man, not just cause of that but I`ve seen some of your pics.

How long will that 6 feet stay?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts