Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us are going up to Coleman State Park in NH tomorrow AM...is there any snow left?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sure there will be plenty of snow left.. We dropped from about 17" to 13" on the stake behind the house. But it's gonna be icy!

It is snowing here now, I bet they picked up an inch or so over there today.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wish I could meet ya up there, but I have prior(family) arrangements. Let us know how the trails are. I'll be watching from the Shelly's web cam!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can tell you this, I went riding behind my camp in columbia today and once you get in the hills there is all kinds of snow. Clevland notch is almost inpassable due to too much unpacked snow. I didn't see one other sled in the 50 miles I did today :huh: :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
I rode Coleman park area Thursday and the trails were awsome. they were grooming for the govenor going on a tour or something. The picture on left is at the top of Dicksville Peak.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got home...

Was dragged into Boston and escaped home for 1:15 AM...

Got up at 6:00 AM...Steve(03 ZR 800) drove us there while Chuck(03 Polaris XC700) followed and we got to Coleman State Park for 10:30...did about 100 miles between there and the top of Pittsburg...Trails ranged from 1-10 depending on where you went...Hit a GPS confirmed 105 on a terrible to ride on (there were only two other people on it) Back Lake...The sled has a lot more to go I think...the other two sleds had no picks so it wasn't even a race.

Left a 4:30 and we were eating and Drinking at the 99 by 8:30 PM...what a day.

The Firecat is impressing me more and more as I ride it.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
john,
did you ride towards errol at all? wrere all the trails open or did the loggers have them closed ?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol...we rode that way a little, but headed north...we almost said eff it and went to Canada we made it so far north so quick, but decided against it. There were a few sections near Back Lake (on the way up to it) that were being logged for what looks like new cottages, but the trails were open (almost needed the ATV :lol: ).

Lots of trail rearrangement...some new...some closed...A lot of people are building houses/cottages there now...

IMO...(nothing Humble about it)...the trails up there are marked for absolute sh*t...I have asked the guy on the Pittsburg website numerous times about it and his answer is always "when am I coming up to help?" It's like hey, I joined your club...I get porked for an out of state surcharge...I have to pay to ride in every state b/c of where I live...and I don't disobey any rules but the speed limits...can't I expect properly marked trails...

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Bossho not being a ass here but spend a few weekends helping the club cut brush and replace bridges. Then you can comment on the signs. There is never enough help but plenty of complaints.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
john, i know what yyou mean about the signs in that area, when blacksaber7 rode there last weekend, it was horrible findong our way around some of the trails......there was one trail that was marked but actually had no bridge to go further, i would have figured they would have a sign saying the trail was closed so nobody would get hurt.

·
Registered
978 Posts
how'd colebrook look, we stay wit friends up there, were goin to 27th till the 1st if neones gonna be around, we will be in vt most the time

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maine Cat...I don't take your comments as being an ass, but did you read my whole post??? My $60+ bucks and Pittsburg Ridge Runners Membership dues give me a right to bitch all day and night...I pay my way and obey the rules like I said. If I am paying for a registration/club membership the trails should give me what I pay for. Your comments would be warranted if it were free...then I would shut my mouth, bring my own Chainsaw and my 650 Prairie and Winch all the Sh*t out of the way, and cut all the other crap out of the way...then like Dana is asking for, I would take the 23 seconds it would take with a sign and a Staple Gun to let people know of Hazzards and closings...

Dana, we rode three trails up in Pittsburg/Colebrook that ended in the middle of no where...we were pissed...we drove over stuff an ATV would have fun with and only to find out we got to do it all again....aghhhhh

arcticrider600, except for the aforementioned hazzards, IE, streams, mud, Rocks and stumps...Colebrook was awesome. The Hazzards were only on some trails, but if you have ever ridden in Colebrook you know it's hilly with a lot of streams....Coleman State Park was unreal...a ton of snow...Pittsburg was 50-50...some parts awesome, some parts need more snow...but overall the riding was real good for the time of year...some parts were real good no matter what time of year it is.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Bossho I understand the $$ part because I do the same. I join, buy every raffle ticket, and buy trail sponsor stickers. BUT all clubs lack manpower too. It is really tough to get more than the usual few to donate time to brush, build bridges and yes put up signs. Next year find out from the club when they sign the trails and maybe the first ride you take for the season could be with a local clubmember to sign the trails. You will really make the club happy and meet some nice people who appreciate the help more than the $$. Plus learn about the area from the locals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts