Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on riding to the Colbrook NH snodeo friday feb 28th. It is a great way to see and ride the new sleds. Jane and I will be riding in and planning on being there most of the morning. It would be great to meet some forum members at the same time. Who's planning on going? B)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rob....to get that far into NH from VT...you'll need a trail pass from NH? Or is that still in the "commercial zone"?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I will be there. Leaving from Barnet,Vt over to Monroe,N.H. and northward to Colebrook :D
Probably be there around 11:00 a.m. or noon.
Look for QBR this year and try a Blade :p They were up by the antique sled tent last year
I am hoping I can sport the HCS shirt to the event!
See you there :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, you need NH reggie to ride in. I will be there in the morning and stay at least till noon or so. I'll look to meet other forum members at the AC tent. :D

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Rob, I'll be there, my camp's 7 mi. from there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hey guy's, how about we wear something so we can recognize each other. Maybe a peice of orange flagging tape, or whatever, any ideas?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'll be there too, riding up from N. Stratford NH, not sure what time, once we can get all our asses out of bed and on the trail! See ya there, hope they got some info on the new Cats for next year!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Rob, if the weather is favorable, I may head into Quebec on Monday. Will you be up there any time next week?
Also, on another subject, 'the true test'! Does your wife want a Firecat?
mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm planning a trip, but it's supposed to snow up there on sunday and again on tuesday, so I'll probably wait a week.

Jane is definitely in the market for a new sled next year, but is not totally comfortable on my Firecat yet. I want her to ride a ZL800esr at Colebrook (and others). I remember last year at Colbrook is when I decided to go Cat for 03, after seeing the Firecat and learning that Poo had nothing new. Best decision I ever made :lol:

How many miles now, Mike? I'm just over 5000.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Rob I will Be up there Fri. Or sat. I will be riding a Team green Sno pro with a black induction nose green headlight covers. And a bunch of other stuff.
hope to see u up there.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Rob, stuck at 4,600 miles. Was on vacation a week ago during the cold snap and ended up coming home half way through the vacation rather than freeze. If I can get to Quebec Monday, should rack up some miles.
mike

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hard to say if there will be any '04's at Colebrook. I've had a chance to have some good tryouts on just about every sled this year. Only one I haven't driven is the Firecat. Just a suggestion, if available, have her try out a ZR, any Doo Legend or MXZ Adrenaline. These are, only in my opinion, the sleds that are easy to drive, confidence inspiring, and ride plush. The ZL is nice, but something must be different as it just doesn't have the sweet handling of the ZR. Good luck!
mike

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I swear by the SS but would stick to the 600. The 800 has had some problems on the reverse gear and the auto tensioner. She will love the ride but you will want to upgrade the skis or use the dual runner carbides. I will have my '03 there if she wants to try it without signing forms or waiting in line ;)
You still owe us a Jane report on her tryout of the F-cat ;) :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts