Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove 2.5 hours north today into Vermont with two buddies on Ski-Doo mxz's, My F5 wouldnt start, after trying for over an hour and a half and differnt plugs etc.,we took it to a near by dealer(further north) and they told us to buy more plugs and just keep pulling w/o choke on. After 20 mins of this we packed up and drove home. If you only new the ribbing I took on way home! The dealer which i wont mention was very un helpfull and didnt seem to care. They said if it didn't start then we would have to let it thaw out somewhere indoors because it probably has something frozen inside carbs because the ride up was very cold. I asked to bring it indoors for a bit while we pulled to start and they said no. Glad to see the Artic Cat dealer support system working, I guess the sled wasnt new enough(190miles) being an 03'. I did have a pocket full of money to tip someone very well too!!!
P.S. had plenty of fuel(too much) and great spark.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune,same thing happened to me ,only it was my dads Yamaha that needed plugs and about 400 tugs,before we could ride.Was your sled covered while you were trailering?just curious,also how were the roads?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sled was covered and roads were perfect, it was very cold and was first time i left out overnight(on trailor ready to go). I ussually keep it in heated garage and dont ever have more than one pull to start. It started one pull last night, put on trailor and thats it. I'm more disappointed about lack of support by dealership.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
What position is your throttle in when your trying to start it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
We just went to the UP and when we got up there everybody had trouble starting their sleds not just Cats but Polaris's and Doo's too. We figured out it was the rough ride up on the trailers the floats where being bounced around allowing more fuel to enter the carbs so when we got back we all tried starting our sleds again the same thing happened so we will install shutoffs on our fuel lines and see if this helps. Not saying this will help you just our experiance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started off with full choke and no throttle, then after a while we went to no chock, but full throttle. Tried everything, how did u guys finally get going, or did you you just pack it in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We went to Eden,Vt and at 9:30 am it was -22 degs. got to I-Pond and told us at 6:30 am it was -31degs. We have two F-5's and after about 12 pulls at full choke they started right up and ran great all day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts