Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother had his pipes coated on his 2001 ZRT600 check them out here: http://www.firecat.info/uploads/post-3-1047983507.jpg

He keeps telling me I should do this with my F7 Pipe. What do you guys think? I think it would look awsome, but will it affect my EFI?

Just looking for some opinions and if anyone has tried this either with their F7 or another EFI sled.

Thanks

;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I dont know about coating the pipes, but that picture reminded me of a 600 that I met on the trail, probably the fastest trail sled I met all winter, we talked with him and he said he did alot of work to it, to get it to power through the trails. It was awesome out of the corners, the old F7 had its hands full, good thing there was open fields between the sections of woods, gave me some space to widen the gap. He had over 6000 miles on it!It sounded cool too, thats how I new he was right behind me!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i ceramic coated my 02 800efi. i did the y-pipe,pipe,muffler. ran no problem and looks great. i'm thinking of doing it to my f7 but with the weird pipe design i have the question you do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm doing mine here shortly ceramic coated that is. The only problem I'd be concerned with is the Hundreds if not thousands(now) of cracked F7 pipes.

I'll be welding the shyyyyyat out of mine before dumping $150 into coating it.

Have only decided since calling all the aftermarket pipe and clutch guys who can't seem to get any more HP out of alternative pipe designs for this sled.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts