Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best set up with the stock clutch for out of the hole up to 660' what springs, etc. please hurry!! thanks alot

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is directly from Tim Berg of Black Magic...

-----------------------------

With our clutch kit only, the same sled ran 108.5 mph in 1000 feet and had an ET of 10.45-10.5 consistently with the slowest run being 10.53. The top speed went to 115.7 in the 1/2 mile run.

If you are going to set up for a 500 or 600 foot run----you will want to use our kit with a red/white driven spring and attempt to pull it at 7600 RPM or so for the shorter run. Our kit is designed to accelerate at 7800 RPM with full shift out @ 8000 or slightly above to 8100 on a longer run.

Sincerely,

Timothy H. Berg
President

·
Registered
450 Posts
If I had Tim Berg's knowledge on sleds...I know I would have Bored out my 700 by now :)

Anyway, I like Black Magic because they will not release their product until they have done Real World testing. D&D and some others just throw it on a Dyno and thats it. That is also the reason why D&D's F7 kit changed from month to month. Ask members here, some received different helixes.

Also, the previous post was an E-Mail Tim Berg sent me when I asked about Clutch Kits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey 5B,
I just recieved a kit from Black Magic for my F5. I stuck it in tonight and tried it. The max rpm in 660 is 8400 with no shims under the helix. Should it be higher? The instuctions state that these shims are for a progressively cut helix. How do I know if this helix they sent me is progressive or not. It looks like it could be a normal angle. Hits hard out of the hole and engages at nearly 5100. The primary weights are 52's with an engagement notch. Do you have any suggestions? Any thing will be appreciated.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not know much about the F5 clutching.

Call Tim at 218.681.1150 and he will spend time on the phone with you and discuss your situation thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by 5B -@Feb 26 2003, 09:48 PM
This is directly from Tim Berg of Black Magic...

-----------------------------

With our clutch kit only, the same sled ran 108.5 mph in 1000 feet and had an ET of 10.45-10.5 consistently with the slowest run being 10.53. The top speed went to 115.7 in the 1/2 mile run.

If you are going to set up for a 500 or 600 foot run----you will want to use our kit with a red/white driven spring and attempt to pull it at 7600 RPM or so for the shorter run. Our kit is designed to accelerate at 7800 RPM with full shift out @ 8000 or slightly above to 8100 on a longer run.

Sincerely,

Timothy H. Berg
President
stock f7 or sno pro? I still need a clutch kit for 660 drags, id prefer the best one available

hehehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts