Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to improve mostly my midrange performance. I have been told that a 64-40 helix is PROBABLY the way to go. I am running stock pipes etc. If a 64-40 is actually the way to go, what secondary, primary and flyweights would suit my application? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
[attachment=113570:attachment]I would like to ask why you say 64-40 would be the way to go with a stock pipe and no mods??

·
Registered
445 Posts
well i didn't get a whole lot of help on a set up for the hh weights but for a trail sled a set of 60's cat or poo with an erlandson almond or red a stock 57/50 or a 57/48 for a little more rpm and a stock yellow secondary spring in the third hole works pretty good and gets decent fuel mileage not bad for fun running with your friends too......but don't take it out with the big guns you'll get a woolin lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
On a stock sled try:

Polaris 10-66 (will have to grind heels)
160/310 primary spring
Cat green secondary 3rd hole
60/50 helix
stock gearing
Shifts at 8100 pulls to 8300

Pulls very hard....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree with fastcatt Its close to the set-up I used on my old 98 zert with great results................Just make sure its atleast hardpack snow...:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
66's man thats alot of weight for a stock tripple.im gonna try it though.i got a set of hh base 60.4 how much are you grinding off the heel of the poo weights.trying to get a base idea of where to go with them.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Originally posted by cbcatter@Nov 18 2005, 12:29 PM
66's man thats alot of weight for a stock tripple.im gonna try it though.i got a set of hh base 60.4 how much are you grinding off the heel of the poo weights.trying to get a base idea of where to go with them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1019344
[/quote]

Yeah, a lot of wieght, considering I run 10-64's in my 1100 tcat. But then again, I use a soft primary spring.

·
Registered
522 Posts
my brother run 68 gramm in is thunder 1132 , with 150-320 clutch sping,not sure but it seem to be heavy ramp for this kind of sled(trail sled ) on my thunder I want put a spring not too heavy on the top(don,t want loose top speed),but heavy for the start ,i,m hesitate between the orange D&D spring 170-305 or teal spring 185-295... on mountain sled I know some guy who run with heavy spring but is not good on trail form !!! :stirthepot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts