Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by PARKINDALE TRAILRIPPERS ASSO@Aug 31 2005, 04:54 PM
I see that there has been some ashfalt & grass racers out with the o6's, I was just wondering about a good clutch set-up?  any info ? anybody? :beer:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855525
[/quote]
if you want to clutch for trail performance, asphalt and grass setups are of no use for you. you will have to wait till the snow flies to get a proper setup. everthing else is just guess work.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by srxspec@Sep 1 2005, 04:44 PM
Actually a good trail setup will work good on the asphalt as well.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857334
[/quote]
asphalt is meant full tilt not letting the throttle go, no backshifting. for trails good backshifting is very important for corner to corner accelatertion. if you just want to lake race then drag race setups are a good starting point.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
A trail setup works good on asphalt in stock sleds as well. On the asphalt you can't get overly aggressive due to the lack of traction, unlike grass where traction is much greater. Like I said a good trail setup will run very well on the asphalt as well. Our RX-1 trail setup ran a sub 10.6 pass just last week. This kit has excellent corner to corner and backshift when ran on the snow.

2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by srxspec@Sep 2 2005, 07:13 AM
A trail setup works good on asphalt in stock sleds as well.  On the asphalt you can't get overly aggressive due to the lack of traction, unlike grass where traction is much greater.  Like I said a good trail setup will run very well on the asphalt as well.  Our RX-1 trail setup ran a sub 10.6 pass just last week.  This kit has excellent corner to corner and backshift when ran on the snow.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858155
[/quote]
One would think that it should be similar to last years set up for the 05 rx1. what are the difference's as far as wieght's & spring's & helix's? I dont think it'll be too far off from last years hot set up. but who know's? :cn:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by srxspec@Sep 2 2005, 07:13 AM
A trail setup works good on asphalt in stock sleds as well.  On the asphalt you can't get overly aggressive due to the lack of traction, unlike grass where traction is much greater.  Like I said a good trail setup will run very well on the asphalt as well.  Our RX-1 trail setup ran a sub 10.6 pass just last week.  This kit has excellent corner to corner and backshift when ran on the snow.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858155
[/quote]
i do know that when we were running nssr asphalt series traction was not a issue. sometimes there was to much traction. we still hold speed records for stock 700 single pipe and stock 700 triple pipe. the stock single pipe 700 sx ran 11.8 at 107mph in the 1/4 mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts