Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best clutch kit in your opinion.........I have had [email protected] and Black Tragic stuff already and didnt find them that great. There are so many performance shops making so many claims how do you seperate fact from BS??.......

·
Registered
394 Posts
You called if right, the stock clutching is DAMM close! Save your money get a cat orange-white pri. spring and a 56-51 helix!!!!!!
Send me the extra $$150.00

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought one clutch kit in my life and that was the last one. I do it all myself but i know not everyone has a box full of springs wieghts and helixes. Orange white is pretty stiff have you already tied this? 56-51 helix sounds sounds good this is what I would try first.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tryed and true!!!!!!!!!! Hell the ora-wht is only one step stiffer than the stock yellow-white.
Satifaction gurranteed or your money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The orange white almost has the same finish rate so it shouldnt over rev on top either.....is the stock helix a 53/51?? if it is than the 56/51 should give a faster upshift and the same finish rate again??does this sound right??

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that what your running now?? It sounds like it should work in theory for sure.....Is that a oem helix? If it works I'll send you the cheque ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry I thought you were already using this setup. Your theory is correct but you never know until you run against your buddys sled as baseline. I usually find a good combination by the time the snow melts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts