Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i believe i came across a set of hell clicker weights that i was thinking about running in my iqr with a 660 and twin pipes. the weight itself has holes in it with bolts threaded into them with washers on them. my question is what effects will occur by running more heel weight and more toe weight etc?

thanks

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Those are heal clickers for sure.

More tip weight acts like a heavier weigh at upper RPM's.

Heal weight is used to affect engagagement RPM, belt squeeze and acceleration.

Heal weight helps acceleration bu adding weight to the first 2/3 part of sheeve movement. After that the heal hides itself as it goes past the moment angle. Adding heal weight will lower engagement RPM and load the motor untill you get about 2/3rds of the way to full shift out.

It's sort of a complicated theory but they do work for sure. They take lots of testing to make them work properly and really give you the acceleration you are seeking.

In the wrong hands they can easily make performance worse. You must have the set up instructions to get them to work properly. You have to understand these are not Bolt on go fast products. They take lots of time trying different combinations to make a real difference. And one of the drawbacks we found was as the primary spring starts to go away the heel clickers made the dead spring seem much worse.

We ran heel clickers on several sleds from '04 on, they worked good but took lots of time testing to get optimum performance. And even worse two almost identical sleds would require two different combinations of tip and heal weight for optimum performance. No two sleds were exactly the same.

Bu late '06 we started using the belly buster weights with lots of success. With the belly busters you can see immediately as the spring starts going away and it's a simple spring change and you are back to optimum performance.

Buy them if they are cheap and do some experimenting.

hope this helps

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks akiqpilot. i got the weights for free out of a clutch that a polaris racer had laying around so i can't really go wrong unless they hurt performance, but hopefully i can get them setup to increase the performance of the current clutching. another question though, i want to buy my own clutch puller so i don't have to borrow one or bring the sled to the dealer, would i buy a puller meant for the motor in the sled or the clutch that i am using?

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll help,

Clutch puller is specific to the motor. I think all Polaris domestic twins (Liberty) use the same puller. I used the same puller on our 440 and 600 HO. If I'm not mistaken, I also used it on my non-ves 800.

The heel clickers come with thier own spyder shim. It should be in the donor clutch. The instructions say to make sure you use it. I don't remember the thickness, but you should be able to find out or order a new one by calling the Randy at the factory. It was thicker than most as I recall. AK is right, they require a lot of testing and the spring life is short.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts