Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. There are shims on the secondary shaft that allow adjustment of the secondary to be in alignment with the primary.

What is the distance if i'm measuring from a straight edge off the primary's inner (motor) face to the secondary?

meaning, the distance from the back side of the secondary to the back side of the primary?

I put 120 miles on my sled and there was black-belt schmegma EVERYWHERE! Gotta love Green! :angry:

This thing is off somewhere and i'm starting here. :angry:

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
516 Posts
So are you saying the "black-belt schmegma" means an out of alignment clutch? I have the same on mine, just assumed its normal belt wear, more so being new. Have always seen it on my new sleds.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
mine has that crap...and I know mines right. The alignment is from the inner drive sheave to the outside surface of the driven... Need an alignment bar...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, typically most people will see more, some less. I think i'm falling into the "More" category, because it shouldn't be that way.

If your clutching is properly aligned you will se minimal belt schmegma! B) if any at all.

Right now i'm at 3/4 in.

Is that right or is it 5/8?...

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I never measured one that way??? But I think a lot of the crap could be.....The y-pipe exhaust donut leaks out the side a tad and blows over there, then with the clutch spinning looks like belt crap...maybe.?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
that donut leak really blows oil when your on the first tank of 100to 1,
completly dirtiedn up my engine
cant stay new for ever

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
My sled has a ton of the "schmegma" on it. I just checked the alignment today and it was perfect. I did notice the residue from the exhaust donut leakon the clutch guard. What dan says makes sense about the oil from the exhaust hitting the clutch while its spining and throwing it everywhere.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to run a new belt the next time and see what happens then. Maybe you guys are right with the oil and all. Maybe it's the color also. Black and hot green do not mix. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Dec 22 2002, 08:27 PM
Black and hot green do not mix. :huh:
The red also looks terrible with black exhaust and belt schmegma on it.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts