Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to get clutch my 05 Fuse 9. I have never installed a clutch kit I have just read about all the fun stuff to ad.

Does anyone have a instruction manual or How To doc to help me in the process?

·
Registered
746 Posts
if you want to understand the principles of how the system works you could buy Aaen's Clutch Tuning Handbook (www.royaldistributing.com has it). If you are more interested in how to take apart and reassemble your clutches, your better bet might be the factory service manual (available from your dealer). Some stuff you can do yourself with minimal tools: weights, springs, helix. Full disassembly of the Primary requires some extra tools, for removing the spider and reshimming, etc.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
If your 05' 900 is bone stock, I would think just adding the '719 Helix + delrin washer(s) would really be all that is needed, unless it's time to replace some compnents due to failure/fatigue/etc.

I love the way mine runs with '719 Helix, delrin washers and stock everything else.

Helix is in secondary and can be removed with just a torx wrench. Delrin washers needs compressor tool for Team secondaries and a snap ring plier.

I had never done clutch stuff myself either, but dug into this one and found it to be quiet easy. In fact, really easy.

If you need more info on where to get tools/prices/etc give a holler.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
If your 05' 900 is bone stock, I would think just adding the '719 Helix + delrin washer(s) would really be all that is needed, unless it's time to replace some compnents due to failure/fatigue/etc.

I love the way mine runs with '719 Helix, delrin washers and stock everything else.

Helix is in secondary and can be removed with just a torx wrench. Delrin washers needs compressor tool for Team secondaries and a snap ring plier.

I had never done clutch stuff myself either, but dug into this one and found it to be quiet easy. In fact, really easy.

If you need more info on where to get tools/prices/etc give a holler.[/b]
BTW: Advice given above was from one clutching newbie to another. LOL. So take it for what it's worth. It will get you to atleast start on the clutching system and get you more familiar with it.

I'm sure this topic will get more involved. I too will be watching / listening / learning / thinking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW: Advice given above was from one clutching newbie to another. LOL. So take it for what it's worth. It will get you to atleast start on the clutching system and get you more familiar with it.

I'm sure this topic will get more involved. I too will be watching / listening / learning / thinking.[/b]
Clutch pulling tool - do you suggest buying an actual tool, or the clutch dummy tool ? http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300039

·
Registered
906 Posts
Not sure what the fusion belly pan looks like, but I changed the weights and springs in my pro x without pulling the primary off. I had a compression tool made to copress the TEAM clutch for 15 dollars. I can get a photo of it if you want.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You can quite easily change the spring and weights on a fusion, but getting the spring off of the IQ's is more work, but it is possible as I have done it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts