Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running orange wht primary 58/52 helix. Revs were fine. Now I went to 66 gram Polaris weights. Sled would only pull to 7600. I wound sec. all the way up, now r's are up to 7800. Sled is running real strong. Should I be pulling 8000 like I was before . Any help would be appritiated

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never tune a sled with the secondary spring. Tune with hte primary weights and the helix. Solve the problem. Top RPM's are weights. Belt slip is weights. Backshift and upshift are springs and helix.

Too tight of spring you lose all your acceleration, your top end and your mileage. Even though you might be Taching right......

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that. I was doing a temporary fix today. I think I may go back to stock weights. I hate to though because these weights seem to pull harder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
According to Arctic Cat your peak rpms should be around 7800 for 660'. At 8000 you are overrevving so tune for closer to 7800.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. i am going to turn the spring back down until i can run Another F7. I think the setup I am using is running pretty good. What is in your D&D kit for weights?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the d&d clutch kit for my f-7 w/pipe and can,verry good for trail but for drag race i
am running 73 gr with 60/48,gear 20-43, it pull harder,for drag only.

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
i dis agree with cc racer we use big springs front and rear and heavy fly weights and steep helix`s they will out acclerate soft springs and light flyweights and we don`t lose any top end. buddies f-7 has gone 10.2`s @ 124 in a quarter mile thats no b.s.
we just spent a day with the new f -6 and took out there soft springs and light flyweights put in some stiff springs and added heavy flyweights (14 more grams) and picked up nearly 7 mph in a 1000 ft.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can put a garage door spring in and 2 pound weights too. Its getting top end while also increasing backshifting.....Thats usually the goal. The F-6 are so bad out of the box I believe that 7mph is very do able. There is so much room for improvement with most Cats. Except the 440 Sno-Pro's thats what I am used to squeezing 1-2 sled lenghts out of. Not 5-10...

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
i have 90 grams in my 925 and it back shifts pretty dam good . i do have different rollers in the cover which help . in my opinion for the big motors with torque the black magic black/ red secondary is the best around. alot of intial side pressure with out going over board on torsional twist

1 - 10 of 10 Posts