2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled:
03 f7, D&D 800 with monster pipes.

Current Clutching with the stock motor:

170/310 pri spring
72 gr weights (heal loaded)
60/44 Dalton helix
Blk/RD BlackMagic sec spring (twist like the stock rd/wht, higher side pressure. its a tall sucker)

While I'm at it. How about fuel pressure setting. I will be using an adjustible regulator untill I get a control box.

Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
don't really ride it on just a FP reg. will blow for sure. We have a sweet kit for the exact setup , tested on 4 f8's with twin pipes, all on site tuned.. too much weight IMO for 03.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep hearing too much weeight for an 03, but I have this set up in three different sleds. Compaired to Speedwerx, D&D, Dakota,ODS and a couple recomended set ups off the web. I'm more than happy with it.

Fuel Pressure Reg is no good to get me started huh? Crap. Guess I'll be looking a bit harder for a controler.

Matt

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
well with the heel loaded? not sure what weights you have. But that may not act like a rue 72 grams. so its soo hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm running on my F-8, Cat 66 gram weights with a 58/48 helix & a green Sno Pro Spring with a Speed Werks 800-925 single pipe. I found F-8's don't like big weights. I run more on my F-7 than the eight.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
I was in the same boat as MDW in that mine liked less weight. With super tips and the base weighted heavy (72-73) grams was just about right(04 F8 carb) with 25/38 gearing. Tried suggested 76 grams and it was a tad too much with 58/48 and bikeman red spring. They like to spin up quick and pull like hell.

Jester

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have found that the F-8 LOVES heavy weight my Bikeman F-8 pulls 78 grames(notched)weights, 58/48 helix and BMP red secondary spring BIG gears and I know I have one of the Quickest and fastest F-8's in my area, Forest lake ,MN ask Bikeman ,he's bringing my black F-8 to Haydays!!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In one set up I took a set of Speedwerks 74 gr heavy tip weghts and ground the profile to match the stock weight and then took .5 gr off the bottom to get to 72gr.

More toe on this than mine and it reacts just like you would expect. More pull from mid on up than mine. In 500' or 660' the heal loaded weight hits harder.

Looks to me like I should just run what I have and work form their. Some guys are saying more and some say less. The art of clutching.

thanks guys

Matt

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Originally posted by cjt@Sep 9 2005, 08:51 AM
I have found that the F-8 LOVES heavy weight my Bikeman F-8 pulls 78 grames(notched)weights, 58/48 helix and BMP red secondary spring BIG gears and I know I have one of the Quickest and fastest F-8's in my area, Forest lake ,MN ask Bikeman ,he's bringing my black F-8 to Haydays!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867139
[/quote]

Must be in a slow area....eh ?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yea it can only go 117 in 1200 ft. and 127 in 1/2 mile it's a real piece of junk gonna try twin pipes and see what happens this year other wise BMP f-9

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
127 single pipe?? . would love to see that.. not doubting, just curious..

well as far as weights, we were talking 03 clutch I believe .. with 04's or 05's you can add about 7-9 grams to those numbers.. in most cases, and twin pipes are way different than a single.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Sep 9 2005, 03:53 PM
127 single pipe?? . would love to see that.. not doubting, just curious..

well as far as weights, we were talking 03 clutch I believe .. with 04's or 05's you can add about 7-9 grams to those numbers.. in most cases, and twin pipes are way different than a single.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867631
[/quote]
1/2 " track ice picks have seen 125 many times and 127 on the gun twice,and my sled is a `03 77.4 grams

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
was running speedwerx R or S weights before that ,around 74-75 grams I think but the supertips pull so much better out of the hole ,about the same on top end

1 - 17 of 17 Posts