Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good setup for this sled. Sled is all stock. I dont care much about top speed. Do about half trail riding and lake riding and the other half is powder and climbing hills. What tools will i need to work on the clutch. Thanks

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
The stock gears are ok for low altitude, as well as the 10-60 weights. I would change to an almond/blue primary spring, red/dk. blue secondary spring, 3 delrin washers in the secondary, and a 64/42-.46 helix. Team #420493. A team #420732, or 420733 would be choices as well. Do you ride a lot of deep snow off trail, and want the quickest backshift for response? Also verify the clutch alignment, primary belt to sheave clearance of .020" max, engine torque stop set tight. You should also have 410 mains at the richest, and check that the carb slides clear the bores of the carbs completely at full throttle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for helping pockets. I'll check the carbs today and change the jets and give it a try. I think my clutches are aligned good. I get over 2000 miles on a belt. Would you recomend i buy all those helixes and try them all or is there some that would be better. The snow doesnt get to deep. What tools do i need to change these parts. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I would go with the 420733 for your riding, it will be a good compromise. To change the weights and spring, you can get away without a puller for the clutch. For the team secondary, a T27 torx bit, and a tool to compress the spring. You can make one with a threaded rod, a piece of angle iron, and some washers/nuts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot. i'm going to order the parts today. will post how it works out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer here doesnt have a source to buy the derlin washers but they can get the slp ones.heres a link to the slp ones.undefined. Are they the same thing

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats were they get their stuff but it wasnt in their catalog, but I will see tomarrow

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the parts and the helix doesent fit onto the clutch. The part # is LW420733. Did i get the wrong one. Where the helix slips onto the shaft in the cutch. The hole is smaller than the stock one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm gonna try and keep this one on top ... Brad - let us know how you make out once new helix arrived. I got just the opposite advise from a local TEAM dealer here. He recommend I go from the 58/44-46 (from factory) to 54/44 full progressive. HOWEVER - he not running the long track/swithback. The guys in his shop like the full progressive. Perhaps Pockets can provide a little more detail on why he recommended the steeper ones. I'm holding off any purchases until I get more info. Also, I did email TEAM for their recommendation ... nothing back from them yet after a 4 days now.

On another topic - second cleaning of VES this weekend after about 1250 miles (2650 total miles now on my 05 600 SB) and they were quite oily and carboned up. Oil in bellows as well - a mess. Plugs also looking extremely rich - a little carbon build-up also. Backed oil pump out one turn, and bought 410 and 400 mains (420s from factory). Will put in the 410's first, as supposed to be VERY cold this weekend and see how it goes. Don't remember valves and plugs so bad last year. So far this year just over 600 miles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am having some problems. I didnt get the helix yet but I put in the almond/blue primary spring and the red/blue secondary spring, the sled engages at 4500 and the max is 6500. It takes off good for a second than die's.It will top out at 60 mph. It ran good with just the red/blue secondary spring but when I put in the primary spring it bogs.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Did the spring break? Take out the spring, and check that the clutch slides smoothly. Has to be something obvious. Is there anything else you touched while you were changing the primary spring?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi!
I have a 2005 SB engine in XCSP chassis with 136x1,5" Ripsaw.
My setup is now
10-62 (balanced) + Almond/blue
Stock helix 56-42-36ER + Black /red
410 mains
22/40 gearing
Runs 8000 with calibrated tach.

These work quite well but I'm going to try 62-42-36 + Red/darkBlue

How much those DELRIN washers effect the driven function?
Unfortunately cant find them here in Finland. Feels stupid order just three shims from USA...!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I looked over my sled today and found out that I forgot to plug the hoses from the carbs into the air box, took it for a ride and it runs awesome. Those springs really helped, I cant wait to get the helix and try it out. Will let you know how it runs PolarisRider

1 - 20 of 28 Posts