anybody know a good clutch guy in SE lower MI, utica mi
i am buying a kit from ODS and need some help putting it in
justin

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
As for your question about clutch guru's in SE Mi, sorry, I'm not able to
recommend one.

In my opinion, you are buying a tried and proven clutch kit, no need to pay somebody to install it. Buy yourself a clutch puller, about $30 dollars, and do it yourself and save a couple dollars. I'm sure someone has a link to step by step instructions for doing this, probably take all of 45 minutes, less time than loading up the sled and hauling it somewhere.

·
Registered
303 Posts
"In my opinion, you are buying a tried and proven clutch kit, no need to pay somebody to install it. Buy yourself a clutch puller, about $30 dollars, and do it yourself and save a couple dollars. I'm sure someone has a link to step by step instructions for doing this, probably take all of 45 minutes, less time than loading up the sled and hauling it somewhere."

What he said. Your better off getting a few of the tools your self and learn how to do things yourself. You will save SOOOO much money. The best tool to get will be a clutch press toolf from SLP $84.95 it will hold the clutch while your loosen the screws. It will mount to your bentch and then your set to go. If you don't hold it you could get hurt.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
the clutch press is cool, but not needed, just hold it down snug, on a roll of duct tape. All in all its pretty easy, we did send instructions right? Or did you not get it yet?

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
justin i'm no expert but i've done a few in my time - and i'm close by (21 & hayes) so if you attempt it and get stuck i could prob stop by for a few. do a search and i'm sure there's detailed directions on how to do everything.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Like GURU, I'm no expert, but I just got an ODS kit from Dan & installed it on my F5. I also bought a clutch puller in the process. I'm around Hall/Rochester Rd area if you need some help, just shout!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts