Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if some of clutch experts could shed some light here, I am running Hot Seat "D" weights which are notched, and I have noticed that on some of rec. for clutching my sled a 98 600 that 10-60g Polaris weights are used, what would the noticable differnce between these to weights?

I know the notch does raise the engagement, correct?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
the notch only raises the engagement if the roller sits in it at all. In my experience, most oem wide belt setups, which you have oem, the roller didn't sit in the notch. The heel is a little taller {about .010 to .020 at most}on the HSP weight, which raised the weight in the clutch, to shift out faster, I believe. The actual curvature of the shift surface is the same as 10 series weights

and I am far from a clutch expert :dunno:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one else :dunno: , nickels :dunno:

·
Registered
786 Posts
compare the 2 weights, the more mass at the heel the harder it will hit out of the hole. The more mass at the mid section of the weight the harder the mid range, and the more tip weight the more top end. The heavier the weight , the more agressive shiftout. hope this helps answer your question all the best, sideways :beerchug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts