Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scenario: 10-64s with 44 (Team) finish angle or 10-66s with 42 finish angle both pull about the same RPM on top, but 64s feel much snappier.

My question is which is better? A little lighter weight and steeper helix finish angle, or heavier weight and shallower helix finish angle?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
depends on what the use is... drag or trail . 66g will not back shift as quick but will pull harder on the lake.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I would run the 64's regardless of helix angle on the stock 700.
The 66 are pretty heavy for anything other than outright drags or maybe really cold/sea level/hard pack/flat riding.

If you run the SLP single/reeds/gutted box setup you can run the 66's but they will still be lazier backshifting and revving in/out of the throttle than the 64's.
I ended up running 66's grind matched to 65 with 2 different piped/reeded 700 ves sleds @ sea level that ran well.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Either set up can shine in certain conditions, but the example you have given with 10-66 weights in a 700, the different distribution of mass in the 66's come into play. And that IMO makes the 10-64 the better choice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i just installed EPI's Pro Clutch kit in to my 03 proX 700. And it came with their 70g belly buster weights...

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you run the 10-64 weights, what will changing the finish
angle do for you? so please compare the 44 to the 42 finish
angle and its differences. I just bought a used one called
a "493" and it starts at 64 and i have two ending choices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts