Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know this might sound like alot to ask, but im wondering if any of the "polaris experts" have any suggestion for a clutch set up (weights, springs) for my 93 indy sport. Im basiclly looking for better acceleration off the line, but without sacrificing much top end (70mph would be nice), while using a 121- 1.25 in. track (gonna replce the old track). The clutchs are stock as far as i know. (brown spring on primary, dont know the rest)
I also understand that jetting changes can make a big diffirence in power and responsiveness, and that polaris can be jetted donw 1 or 2 sizes safely, so im wondering what can be done there. All i know is the main jet is 180. Im at roughly 2500 to 3000 ft, and i know the sled is running really rich.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
1st off you will loose a good amount of top end mph by going to the 1.25 track 70 mph is a stretch for a 340 cc.. as it is, but holeshot and acceleration should improve.. to some extent..

you're best bet would to be rebuild both clutches if they are in good enough shape.. go with same springs and weights and helix, probably a roller kit ffor the primary and clean up the 2ndary wax the heck out of the helix ramps. put in stock springs. Make sure they check belt to shaeve clearence with a new belt, you want NO more than .020 clearence between
new belt and sheave.. jet it down carefully, but do it a jet size at a time, look at the sleds jetting specs it will give you some good guide lines, watch the plug color and be aware of the temps you are riding in..

it's tough to dial in a sled with no tach, most 340's I have worked on were tachless..

Good luck

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roger. The indy sport is actually a 440 fan not 340, on a good day it'll go 75 mph. And yes i realize not having a tach can make this sort of thing harder.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Yeah thats right I forgot that Poo uped the anti to a 440 sport..

the concepts remain the same!! Not many go fast upgrades, just make it run more efficient with good clutches. jet it right and run it hard!!

Originally posted by Pete_YK@Oct 18 2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks Roger. The indy sport is actually a 440 fan not 340, on a good day it'll go 75 mph. And yes i realize not having a tach can make this sort of thing harder.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938763
[/quote]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again Roger. I forgot to mention this earlier, when i change the jetting not just for performance but for altitude etc. do i change just the main jet, or others as well?

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Pete, the jetting guide on the sled would give you direction on elevation jetting. I am a flat lander you might say there is very little riding upwards around 3000 feet so around here its typically main jet changes..

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think you could benefit from a gear change espeacially with a 1.25 track. Go to a smaller top sprocket ( 1 tooth ). Jetting is important, 2 jet sizes and read the plugs for a cardboard brown look. Make sure your track is not to tight and that the bottom of the skis are smooth and clean. :m2c: All the best, Sideways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts