Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
My pin broke and damaged the clutch. Can I machine 2 other notches to match and use it?

It’s no different then. The notch you had to do for the heel clickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes you can run it, smooth out the edges to relieve and stress areas, i have run heel clicker and done the same thing. i also had a pin brake in 2014 went right into my left boot. as long as the face of the movable sheave is not bent, you should be good. your shield was an exact copy of mine but the pin was in my boot, nice fn bruise on my big toe.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
The weight set screw cuts the pin right at the set screw dimple if you don't check to see if they are still lined up, the pin bolt has a notch on it that should always line up with the set screw, had plenty move and ruin the pin.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Personally this is a great opportunity to upgrade to a team primary!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
When the rollers wear out on this clutch I'll look into the team upgrade. For now I just machined three notches. It looks factory. And of course a new set of pins all around.

I put one of my old pins in my tool kit for emergencies since this is not uncommon.

·
Registered
676 Posts
wow... i coat everything with the dry graphite spray, spring pockets and rollers. wierd how the rollers do that to the hardened weights in dif spots.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
That's the problem, the weights aren't heat treated properly. Yes they are hardened, but not enough. Been a problem from TEAM since day 1.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,023 Posts
That's the problem, the weights aren't heat treated properly. Yes they are hardened, but not enough. Been a problem from TEAM since day 1.
Buttons wear out, too much slop between the towers, chatters the weights. Wrecked a set of SSI's also.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Someone needs to put a PB80 on from CVtech and do a full review. I've heard nothing but good things about those and want to do that as well. Hardly any moving parts to wear out.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts